Spencer and Harper know each other through their relationship with Carly. When Carly invited Harper to be her roommate, Harper and Spencer become neighbors.
Harper and Spencer don't always see eye to eye. Harper sometimes doesn't take him and his art seriously, and she referred to him as "a ding-dong." Despite the two not being particularly close, Spencer cares what she thinks about his sculptures and seeks her approval.
Nicknames for each other
Season 1 Moments
- Spencer wanted Harper's approval of his sculpture and even tried adding her sunglasses to it.
- Harper says the sculpture is great even if she doesn't like it.
- Spencer wants Harper to like his sculpture as if to impress her.
- When Spencer returns and says he can't see, Harper jokingly says "too bad, I'm super naked".
- Spencer asks Freddie if Harper really is naked and says it so casually that its almost like the thought of it doesn't bother him.
- Spencer and Harper dance at Nevel's wedding
- Spencer and Harper compete to see who can get the most phone numbers from wedding guests.
- Spencer calls Harper hot.
- Spencer accidentally puts Harper's number in his phone.