"I don't know. Just bring me a bucket of fried chicken."
Samantha "Sam" Puckett (born April 17) is a main character and the former co-host of iCarly.
Sam Puckett is the daughter of Pam Puckett. She and her identical twin sister, Melanie Puckett, were born on a city bus, due to the poor planning of their mother, Pam Puckett. The two appear different in many ways. Melanie is classy and attends a fancy boarding school on a scholarship, while Sam is tough and has been in a juvenile detention center a few times.
In the spin-off Sam & Cat, she moves to Los Angeles and starts a babysitting business with Cat.
In the Paramount+ revival, it is revealed that she joined a biker gang named "The Obliterators." However, it is unknown if she is still in LA or is still friends with Cat Valentine.
Sam has wavy blonde hair and blue eyes.
Sam is portrayed as a tomboyish, sarcastic, aggressive girl, who has no respect for the authority or other people (except Carly, Freddie, Spencer, and Gibby, sometimes). It is possible that her behavior is a way to prevent people from getting close and hurting her. As a result of her behavior, she frequently gets into trouble. She has a butter sock, which is a sock filled with butter that is swung around as a weapon. She has also been arrested four times.  On the show, Sam has been mentioned to have been in a juvenile detention center twice. She even has a regular Tuesday appointments with Principal Ted Franklin. Carly mentioned that Sam has a therapist to discuss her issues.
Despite her flaws, she is a beautiful and kind person who cares deeply for her friends. She is witty, caring, and ingenious.
Sam Puckett is also portrayed as lazy. She often avoids doing work unless forced to. Her disgust of work even led to her having a near nervous breakdown when she had to get a job to pay back the $526 she owed Carly and Freddie. She is also very prideful, which is why Carly and Freddie had to use a trick from a willing iCarly fan to have her keep the money she got from a "tipster" at work.
Although Sam usually makes fun of “nerds” and people who love technology, Sam herself is quite tech-savvy. This is first shown when she gives the correct definition of "MPEG" while Freddie has it wrong. Another time, she builds an entertainment center and even programmed the "Random Dancing" bit from iCarly into their locker.. In an episode, it was implied that she could specifically tell what changes she wanted Freddie to make to her website. When she dated Jonah, she knew how to set it so that every time Jonah texted her, his voice can be heard saying, "It's me!"
For a girl of her size and age, she is shown to have amazing physical strength. In iKiss, she ripped off Carly's door chain with her bare hands (though this was fueled by anger), and she occasionally flips or wrestles people who are much bigger than herself, such as Ricky Flame (iCook), Japanese security guards (iGo to Japan), Jocelyn (iMake Sam Girlier), and also had Adam over her shoulder in (iStart a Fanwar). If she wants to make Freddie go somewhere he doesn't want to, she usually just lifts him over her shoulder. This feat even caused him to ask, "How do you do this?!" in iFind Lewbert's Lost Love. In iQuit iCarly, she and Fleck pushed a car in the garage, and she pulled up Carly from falling of a scaffold. In iPsycho, she demonstrated that she knows the Vulcan nerve pinch from "Star Trek", and in iLove You, she made one of Freddie's Train Club members pass out by squeezing his wrist.
Perhaps her most prominent trait is her immense appetite and love for food (especially meat or anything meat-flavored). In iWin a Date, she finished a gigantic bowl of salad in no time, while everyone else had trouble with their food. If she's hungry, she wouldn't care if someone else already ate from a food item, as demonstrated in iHeart Art and iMake Sam Girlier. At different times, she kept a microwave, a grill or a crockpot in her locker and occasionally eats breakfast in class. She also carries fried chicken and ribs with her in her purse, as revealed in iWas A Pageant Girl. Carly said in her birthday speech that Sam can eat an entire ham in less than 15 minutes, although in iPilot she had difficulties in eating one, stating that ham shouldn't have a bone in the middle.
Sam seems to be somewhat of an artist, drawing very elaborate doodles as seen from drawing Jonah, drawing a bunny in jail, as well as drawing Freddie eaten by a tiger. She also comments that, "All creative people worry that their stuff is lame. It's an artist thing." in iHeart Art, as if she herself is an artist. In iLost My Mind, Sam paints a realistic portrait of a hand with the thumb and index finger raised against a purple background. Sam humorously said she was finger-painting.
In iGot a Hot Room, it is shown that Sam can speak Italian and is even apparently fluent in it. She says "Ti consiglio di fare gli auguri di compleanno a Carly ora, altrimenti ti spezzo le gambe!" which means "I suggest you do the birthday wishes to Carly now, or I'll break your legs!" According to her, her mother really likes Italian guys, and she learned it from them. As of iLove You, it is revealed that she, in fact, herself part Italian, which explains the aforementioned.
Sam does have somewhat of a soft side, especially when struck with guilt. This was proven in iPromise Not to Tell when she turned herself in because her friends felt bad, and in iKiss before her kiss with Freddie. There is no doubt that Sam is aggressive, but she would never do anything violent to Carly.
Sam is often suspicious and slightly paranoid for the weirdest reasons. An example is shown in "iReunite With Missy" when Carly stated that Sam had thought that Lewbert was an undercover cop because she thought his wart was a surveillance camera and that Gibby was a mermaid because he hates wearing shirts. Despite that, she actually knew what Missy was trying to do before anybody else in the episode. It was revealed to Carly at the end of that episode that she was attempting to get rid of Sam because she thought since they were best friends first, she cannot have two best friends. It has been shown in iSell Penny-Tees and iStart a Fanwar that she can be quite selfish.
In iWill Date Freddie, Carly states that Sam doesn't lie. But, in iRocked the Vote, Sam says and proves by examples to Spencer, she is an expert at lying. This might mean that, though Sam is an expert liar, she usually tells the truth.
In iChristmas, many minor quirks of Sam were revealed. She is right-handed but punches harder with her left, she wears different socks for good luck, her favorite color is brown because it's the color of gravy, her favorite junk food is Fat Cakes, her favorite book is "Boogie Bear 3: The Return of Boogie Bear" (she said she has only read three books in iFence, not including The Penny Treasure); she hates people the most, and she wants to be an invisible ninja when she grows up.
Sam shows her sweet and sensitive side once in a while, which proves she is not completely blunt and rude all the time.
It is evident in iSell Penny-Tees and iOpen a Restaurant that Sam has/had a desire to open a restaurant, as she suggested it in iSell Penny Tees and actually did with Gibby in their school's basement. The restaurant was called Gibby's.
In iFence, it is shown that she likes reading by reading 'The Penny Treasure' willingly.
In iParty with Victorious, it is revealed that Sam is actually quite good at rapping when she faces Rex in a rap battle. She is also proven to be a very good singer when she sings a part of the mash-up with the lyrics Leave It, I know somehow we're gonna get there and feel so wonderful and Tomorrow you'll be everybody's fascination. She sang the theme songs of "Drake and Josh" as well as "Victorious" before in a web video also seen during the end credits of iGot a Hot Room with Freddie and Carly, and Sam also enjoys singing here on the ninth photo of the gallery. Its caption reads "Singing is one of the few things Sam enjoys that is NOT illegal -- except when she sings in no-singing zones."
(In order of first interaction)
(2002-Present; Best Friend) Carly and Sam met when they were about eight years old, and Sam wanted to steal Carly's tuna sandwich. When Carly fought back, Sam was impressed, and the two eventually became friends. To this day, they share a close friendship.
Carly acts as a moral guardian to Sam, while Sam will beat up anyone who hurts Carly. Although they have fights every now and then, they never last very long and the girls can always rely on each other. (See: Cam Friendship)
(2005-Present; Frenemy, Best Friend, Ex-boyfriend) (Aug - Sep 2011; Boyfriend)
Sam and Freddie started as frenemies, but developed to best friends. As they grew older, they began hanging out without Carly much more frequently. Although they frequently tease each other, they can always rely on each other when they need help. In earlier seasons, Sam believed that Freddie was a hindrance to iCarly, (a philosophy she developed as he is only behind the camera) and therefore did not want him to be a part of show, even if Carly requested his involvement on camera. However this changed in later seasons. (See: Seddie Friendship)
In iKiss, Sam and Freddie shared their first kiss with each other after they agreed to do so just to get their first kisses over with. Sam later kissed Freddie in iOMG, revealing a major crush on him. They dated for a short while from iLost My Mind to iLove You, but broke up when they realized that they "didn't click". They did admit that they loved each other, but remained broken up. Their relationship evolved into a deeper version of their previous friendship: hanging out, exchanging barbs, etc. Their previous romance was brought up again in iPear Store when Sam mentions that she and Freddie dated for a while: "He's still in love with me, it's kinda sad". In the last episode iGoodbye, Freddie asks Sam over the phone if she wants to get back together, and Sam replies with, "What?! Wait...do you?" Her answer is never fully established, as Freddie quickly changes the subject and they do not speak of it again. (See: Seddie)
Spencer and Sam seem to be very good friends, and whenever Carly isn't available, Sam enjoys hanging out with him. Occasionally, they seem as close as siblings, possibly making the Shay family a replacement for Sam's own dysfunctional one. It is revealed in iGet Pranky that Sam has a "little crush" on him, and this crush was mentioned again by Spencer in iToe Fat Cakes. (See: Spam)
(Sep 2007 - Present; Friend)
Gibby and Sam are shown to have little interaction on the show before the fourth season. In iMake Sam Girlier Gibby states that he once asked Sam on a date, but she broke both his thumbs. In iSpeed Date Sam decided to ask Gibby to the Girl's Choice Dance, and she seemed very upset when she found out that Gibby already had a girlfriend (Tasha). Sam once stated she thought Gibby was a mermaid because of his habit of always taking off his shirt. (See: Sibby)
Frankie Murkin (fifth grade) Frankie was mentioned in iHate Sam's Boyfriend. He broke his leg when Sam pushed him out of a tree in fifth grade. Afterwards, according to Carly, he "rudely dumped her".
Buddy Hinton (Fake First Kiss) In iKiss, Sam claimed that her first kiss was with a boy named Buddy Hinton, in a port-a-potty at a Cuttlefish concert. She did not say when it happened. Later, Sam admitted it was a lie, and she had never kissed anybody before possibly meaning that Sam made him up.
Jonah (Feb. 2008)
After seeing how much Sam liked Jonah, a friend of Freddie's, Carly persuaded Freddie to hook them up. They grew very close very quickly, to the point where Sam was focused on him more than Carly or iCarly. Carly eventually confronted Jonah about this, and shortly afterwards Jonah attempted to kiss her. Carly thumped him and threatened to tell Sam, but Jonah dissuaded her by reminding her of how much Sam liked him, and that she would be made miserable as a result. Carly grudgingly yielded, but when Carly later confided the event to Freddie, Sam overheard, and subsequently dumped him by "wedgie-bouncing" him live on iCarly.com for over two hours (iHate Sam's Boyfriend).
Reuben (Jul. 2008)
Although they never truly dated, in iWin a Date, Sam was forced to go on a triple date with Reuben to help Gibby impress the girl he liked, Shannon. Although Reuben seemed to like her, and gave her strange compliments, Sam didn't return the affection, found him weird, and couldn't understand a word he said. She manages to drive him away upset by saying, "And I'm sitting here with an Australian Eskimo with ointment all over his bumbleberry!" According to one of Sam´s blogs at iCarly.com, "You´ve got ointment all over your bumbleberry!" means "You're gross!"
Shane (Sept. 2008)
She went out with him when Carly was also going out with him in iSaw Him First, which brought tension between the girls, as they couldn't decide who should date him. After their fighting for his heart got Shane injured, the two girls vowed they wouldn't ever compete over a boy again, lest it ruin their friendship.
Eric Mosby (Noseby Mosby) (probably 2008/2009)
Mentioned in iSaved Your Life. Sam originally didn't like Mosby and threatened him when he kept flirting with her. When he signed her up for the Bacons of the World Club, she thought she was in love with him, but found out she only loved the foreign bacon he got for her. For this reason, along with not actually liking him, she broke up with him.
Carter Ford (March 2009)
In iLook Alike, Sam admits her crush on Carter Ford to Freddie in the hallway at Ridgeway Junior High School. Her feelings for Carter lead her to steal the basketball out of his locker.
Pete (Apr. 2009)
In iMake Sam Girlier, she and Pete went on a few dates, after Sam was trying to be girly, such as on his uncle's boat and a walk in the park. It is supposed that they broke up sometime before the next episode, although it never was shown on-screen.
Three unnamed crushes
Carly mentioned that it would be the first time that she liked someone who wasn't disgusting, someone who has a tattoo, or someone who is on parole in explaining why she might like Brad in iOMG.
Brad (Apr. 2011)
Brad was considered to be Sam's love interest by Carly and Freddie in iOMG. She made guacamole and shared it with him, and she spent time working on a project with Brad and Freddie. She also acted unnaturally nice to Brad and Freddie when she was around them. However, Sam denied having feelings for Brad, which was proven when she kissed Freddie at the end of that same episode.
Zayn Malik (Apr. 2012)
In iGo One Direction Sam seems very interested in the band One Direction, but more so in band member Zayn Malik when she mentions she isn't dating anyone and Eskimo kisses Zayn's cheek. Also she randomly kidnapped him and took Zayn into the elevator.
- Despite Sam being younger than Freddie by 2 months in the show, Jennette McCurdy, the actor who plays her, is older than Nathan Kress, the actor who plays Freddie, by 5 months.
- This is because Jennette was born in June and Nathan was born in November, but the characters they play were born in February (Freddie) and April (Sam).
- Google (and other sources) says her birthday is April 17, but her birthday special episode was released on April 11.
- As of now, she and Gibby are the only main characters that are not confirmed to appear in the revival.
- Sam's personality resembles to Trisha Kirby, a character from 'Zoey 101' also portrayed by Jennette McCurdy.
- Sam's character continues on Sam and Cat.
- In the iCarly.com iCan't Take It gallery it reveals Sam was a Sunshine Girl but actually got kicked out of the Sunshine Girls for destroying a lemonade stand with a lead pipe.
- She would like to date someone who smells like cheese.
- She loves Pini's lasagna so much that her dying wish is to be buried naked in a bathtub full of the stuff (undoubtedly, with copious amounts of Parmesan cheese.)
- Sam wears more accessories in iDate Sam & Freddie than she has before and she has a necklace with a mini-remote, so she can boo people on the street.
- She often wears two shirts or a shirt and a vest.
- Sam has 458 unique outfits throughout the TV show, 76% of them are with accessories of some kind (necklaces, bracelets, hairbands, rings, etc).
- Here's where to get Sam's necklace she wears in iDate Sam & Freddie, which she wears on her date with Freddie.
- In iDate Sam & Freddie Sam also mentions her mom used to put black coffee in her bottle as a baby because it made her dance funny.
- She loves forks: In iQ she became obsessed with a huge fork and in iSpy a Mean Teacher she pointed out that the Pie Spy camera came with a giant fork. Among the items carried in her pocket in iOwe You was a regular-sized fork.
- It was revealed in iLost My Mind that Sam's cell phone number is "[664-0452|503 664-0452]", which is an actual working phone number. However, it directs the caller straight to voice mail and the caller will hear the message, "Hey this is Sam. No one ever checks these messages, so just hang up."
- Jennette McCurdy actually recorded the voice message that plays when you call the number.
- This implies that Sam used to live in, or grew up in, Portland, Oregon as the area code 503 in American phone numbers is a Portland area code.
- Sam was the only main character who did not have a Pearphone. In previous episodes she is seen with a red flip phone (which she stole from Missy Robinson in iReunite with Missy), but as of iParty with Victorious she is seen with a pearphone in her hand and got in trouble in Mr. Howard's class for texting Carly, meaning that she must have upgraded to a PearPhone.
- Sam has a real talent for rapping as shown in iParty with Victorious in a karaoke battle against Rex and as shown on iCarly.com when she raps with T-Bo and Gibby in Jessica Jitter attire here.
- Her locker is revealed to have a picture of Drake Bell (or possibly Drake Parker) and Fall Out Boy.
- From "iDate A Bad Boy" onward, Sam occasionally wears a rainbow ring.
- She is seen to be very protective of her hair, and will stop doing something when it is pulled on, as seen in iPilot and iPromise Not to Tell.
- Her last name was revealed in IPilot by Ms.Briggs.
- Sam has competed in pageants and was placed second in nineteen of them. One was the Seattle Beauty Pageant where she was accused of pushing her rival, LeAnn Carter, down a flight of stairs. She was banned for seven years because of that, but maintains it was merely an accident. She also self-admittedly feels "hot" in a pink evening gown.
- In "iWas a Pageant Girl " Sam ends up winning a beauty pageant, beating LeAnn Carter, who was going for her 100th pageant win in a row.
- Sam is revealed to be exactly the same as a little kid (even with the pageants).
- She is known to throw tantrums by throwing herself lengthwise on Carly's couch kicking and pounding it while screaming loudly when she doesn't get her way (so does Spencer).
- Sam occasionally wears boxers and has an extreme dislike of the word "panties" despite having a pair that has "I ♥ Las Vegas" on them (iGo To Japan, iMake Sam Girlier, iSam's Mom).
- Similar to this, Sam also states on numerous occasions that she strongly dislikes striped shirts, and reacts similarly to the mention of them, by whining. Despite this, she is seen wearing striped shirts herself in episodes such as iDate Sam & Freddie.
- According to Freddie, Sam can knock out a truck driver with only a carton of milk. (iMake Sam Girlier)
- Many family members of Sam are either in jail or on parole.
- It is revealed on the iCarly website that she can fit her whole fist inside her mouth. This is a reference to the Drake & Josh episode "The Great Doheny", where Drake's date (played by future Glee star Dianna Agron) was able to stick her whole fist in her mouth.
- Except for the initial iCarly Wiki page everyone comes to (over 197,000 visits), 'Sam Puckett' is the Most Visited Page on this wiki with over 125,000 visits
- Sam has cried 4 times in the series: In iDon't Want to Fight (because she almost ruined her friendship with Carly), iOwe You (because she hated her job), in iQuit iCarly (she almost fell to her death), and iToe Fat Cakes (she was emotional from eating a Canadian Fat Cake).
- In iCook, Sam states that she once got intestinal parasites from eating raw meat.
- It is revealed in iDate a Bad Boy that Sam had been tazed before.
- A possible predecessor to Sam was "Jack Campbell, Fat Cop", a fat cop played by Danny Tamberelli on All That, who, like Sam, ate as much as he could when he had the chance.
- As said on a picture in the iThink They Kissed gallery on iCarly.com, Sam can hold her pee for only 3 hours
- As seen in iHire An Idiot, Sam seems to be ticklish when Carly tickles her bare feet in order wake her up.
- She said in iHire An Idiot, she enjoys being clean but doesn't like bathing.
- In Dan Schneider's fun facts for iSam's Mom, Dan said that Sam gets her toughness from her mom, and that Sam can actually take down her mother. (Dan said that Sam didn't want to hurt her mom too much, though, so went easy on her)
- Jennette McCurdy always has to lower her voice to play Sam, and has to make her voice higher to play Melanie. Jennette stated that her voice range is between Sam's and Melanie's.
- iWas a Pageant Girl, iHatch Chicks and iMust Have Locker 239 shows she is very talented in the creative department as she can play the trombone, (had 2 years of lessons) can tap dance and was prepared to sing for her talent in a beauty pageant. She is also a very skilled artist being able to draw a bunny in jail very well. In iLost My Mind she was shown to be an excellent 'finger' painter.
- It's mentioned in iChristmas that her favorite color is brown because it's the color of gravy and meat.
- It is revealed in iGet Pranky that she is the one who comes up with the pranks for Messin' with Lewbert on the iCarly webshow.
- Sam's star sign is an Aries, and her personality is quite like it.
- Despite her personality, Sam also shows some feelings of sadness.
- In recent seasons Sam is less aggressive and tomboyish. Her appearance and clothing taste (as the seasons went by) has slowly become slightly more girly.
- According to Freddie's blog, If you let Sam eat as many hot dogs as she wanted during half-time, she could inhale up to 17.7 pounds of meat.
- The cast of Victorious voted Sam Puckett the clear winner of their favorite iCarly character. Ariana Grande ("Cat") said, "There's no one like Sam Puckett."
- According to iParty with Victorious, Sam's father abandoned her family when she was younger and claimed he was coming back. Upon hearing this, Sam received shocked stares from all of her friends. She changed the subject quickly.
- The only episode Sam does not appear in (besides the revival) is iWon't Cancel The Show. This was because Jennette McCurdy was in the hospital due to a high temperature the week the episode was filmed.
- Because of this, Sam is the only original main character (not counting Gibby) to ever be absent in an episode.
- The only other people besides Sam herself to call her 'Mama' is Gibby in iOpen a Restaurant ("Mama gonna get her some tater tots.") and Carly in iLost My Head in Vegas. Rex called her Mama in iParty with Victorious ("Mama got rhyme") but 'he' is not a real person.
- She was known as "Regina Goodbody" as her disguise in iParty With Victorious.
- After Sam and Freddie started dating, then they broke up, Sam stopped hurting Freddie and making fun of him. She is however still rude to him.
- According to iCarly.com, Sam is of Italian descent.
- According to Dan Schneider, iCarly would have been called "iSam": The main character would've been called Sam, while the Sam Puckett character would be called Kira. However, the URL "iSam.com" was already taken.
- Sam has had two jobs throughout the show: Once in iOwe You at Chili My Bowl and the other in iPear Store at the Pear Store.
- Sam has been a business co-owner/partner twice: In iSell Penny-Tees and iOpen A Restaurant.
- Additionally, Sam becomes Cat's business partner in Sam & Cat.
- In iBust a Thief it is mentioned that her laptop was a Bat Mitzvah gift from her Grandma. This could mean her grandma thinks she's Jewish or she could be.
- In iTwins it is revealed that Sam does not like it when males wear stripes, but Freddie appears to be an exception to this.
- She has or had a pet cat named Frothy.
- IStart Over reveals that Sam is now part of a motorcycle gang. However, it is unknown if she is still in LA or is still friends with Cat Valentine.
|iCarly (2021) Episodes|
|✔ = Appeared||M = Mentioned||F = Flashback|
|- = Did not appear||V = Voice||P = Pictured|
|Note: Specials are counted as 1 episode in the total (see more information).|
See photos of Sam Puckett here.