"Okay, so wait, wait, wait. We all failed miserably trying to get you guys more viewers for iCarly. And yet, it is precisely those miserable failures that are getting you guys more viewers for iCarly?"
Carly and Sam want to come up with a way to attract more viewers to iCarly and decide to make a competition out of it, with Spencer and Freddie on one team and Carly and Sam on the other. The losing team will have to touch the gross wart on the doorman, Lewbert.
Carly and Sam come up with the idea to create a colorful banner and get it shown on their favorite show, Seattle Beat, which has high ratings. Unfortunately, it begins to rain, causing the paint to run off and the banner is ruined before it can be seen on television.
Freddie and Spencer come up with the idea to put up a large electronic sign overlooking a major highway in downtown Seattle, that Spencer puts up. During the live iCarly broadcast, the sign is lit, reading "Please go online to iCarly.com." Unfortunately, because the sign is so bright, it causes a chain-reaction multi-vehicle crash to occur on the highway.
Carly, Sam and Freddie urge Spencer to turn off the sign, but while Spencer is trying to, it malfunctions and all but nine letters blow out, causing it to read the message "Pee on Carl."
After the incident, Carly, Sam and Freddie read messages that viewers posted on iCarly.com who thought the sign mishaps were hilarious; (one even said that she almost peed herself from laughing so hard and that she loved to see Carly and Sam on Seattle Beat) Spencer is then brought home by the police, and one of the officers named Carl takes offense at the "Pee on Carl" sign. The cops leave without pressing any charges, but instead let Spencer off with a warning. The two teams agree that since neither of their ideas worked out (although their mishaps ultimately may have gotten them more viewers anyway), both teams lost, so no one has to touch Lewbert's wart and they leave the Shay Apartment to get pizza.
- Jeremy Rowley as Lewbert Sline
- Mindy Sterling as Ms. Francine Briggs
- Christopher Michael as Officer Carl
- Kevin Hong as Emmett
- After hitting his head on the top of his locker, Freddie said he was bleeding, but he actually wasn't bleeding. Nathan Kress says that they "... just put this cushion thing on it, and spray-painted it blue." They haven't taken it out since then.
- The middle guy in the iCarly fan video is wearing a pink bunny suit which is identical to the one Carly wore in iSaved Your Life.
- Spencer's "buddy with the truck" is probably Socko. This implies that Freddie has seen Socko in person.
- Note that the sports bra appears "worn."
- The music video playing during the Seattle Beat broadcast is "Disco Ball" by Saucy Monky, a band whose music has appeared in Dan Schneider's other shows Zoey 101 and Drake & Josh.
- Writers Steve Holland & Steven Molaro previously collaborated on over 170 episodes of The Big Bang Theory (2007).
- Miss Briggs' first name is revealed to be Francine.
- When Miss Briggs confronts Spencer in the school she says "I thought I'd seen the last of you eight years ago when you graduated". However in "iReunite with Missy", which takes place approximately 18 months later, Carly explains that eight years earlier her Dad was stationed at Seal Beach - so it's not clear how Spencer could have graduated from Ridgeway in Seattle while the family was living in Seal Beach, California.
- Freddie starts to eat a meatball before Spencer makes him lose his appetite. However, he can be seen serving himself again moments later, and the bowl mysteriously jumps to Sam's end of the table without any shots of it being placed there.
- Carly sprays Sam and Freddie with water many times so that they stop fighting. She even does it from very close proximity (for example, when they are sitting at the table) but both Sam and Freddie act like they're not expecting it, while they are able to see it coming. They still had body reflexes.
- When Carly starts spraying Sam to get her to stop watching TV and help her make the banner, you can clearly see that the first time she misses but Sam reacts like she got sprayed.
- When Sam and Carly come into the apartment after getting soaked in the rain, one back shot of Sam has her hair completely swept over her right shoulder, but in the next shot, some of her hair drapes down her back.
- In the scene where Spencer's sign lights up the interstate, it supposedly causes drivers to crash. However, cars can be seen driving along smoothly behind him after the cars crashed.
- The sign over the highway is not the one that Spencer and Freddie made in the apartment - it is much wider.
- In that same scene, each letter on the electronic sign reading "Please go online to iCarly.com" are different colors even when the sign starts to malfunction and flicker, when most of the letters of the sign blow out causing it to read "Pee on Carl", all the remaining letters turn yellow.
- When Carly and Sam are in front of the Seattle Beat studio holding the banner, the host says, "You can catch that band at the showbox next... weekend," looks at Carly and Sam, and says, "That sign is messed up." However, when they play back the clip on iCarly.com, she goes on to say, "So be sure—" before she looks at Carly and Sam.
- Technically, if both teams lost, all four of them would have to touch Lewbert's wart.
- When they show the video of Carly and Sam with the sign at iCarly, you can hear both of them groan. Considering the camera was inside the studio and a whole bunch of screaming people were surrounding the girls, you shouldn't have been able to hear them.
- Spencer refers to his road sign as "luminescent" - this is an odd word to use, as luminescence is a natural property of some substances to emit light without the application of heat. It is an "illuminated" sign, and it might be a "fluorescent" sign depending upon the technology used. It might be called a "luminous" sign, which means bright or shining, although that term is generally used to denote objects that store light during the day and emit it again at night, such as the "luminous" paint used on the dials of some watches and clocks.
- This is the first of several episodes in which either Carly or Spencer cook spaghetti or spaghetti tacos apparently without using the stove - this requires boiling the noodles in a large pot, yet a decorative green cover is in place on the stove, indicating that it has not been used.
- While Sam and Carly are holding up a poster, trying to advertise their web show behind a window on a talk show set, the letters on the poster go back and forth between smearing because of rain showers, and being perfectly fine.
- When Carly and Sam are watching Seattle Beat, Carly grabs the remote and turns off the TV. Then in the next shot, the TV is back on. Actually, she mutes it, not turns it off. As in the next scene, you see the MUTE on the TV screen.
- When Carly and Sam are standing outside being soaked in the rain, they should have gotten a cold since they were not wearing ponchos or jackets.
To be added
- This is the first episode where Spencer's special socks are seen, made by his best friend, Socko (Dan has a best friend in real life like Socko — except that he makes unusual furniture. He works for the Jellio company).
- Spencer wears the yellow vest again in "iDate A Bad Boy".
- The sign is mentioned again in the episode iMove Out, when Spencer calls the cops on the Petographers, but officer Carl hasn't forgotten about it.
Carly: [during the webcast] Which is why I say, the potato is superior to the sports bra.
Sam: [during the webcast] Say yo to the people, Freddie!
Freddie: I think Carly's spaghetti is great.
Freddie: 'Kay, but think the team that loses should have some penalty.
Spencer: Hey, Freddie.
Spencer: We get a bunch of fireworks, right? And not the lightweight consumer-grade stuff, I'm talking Fourth of July razzle-dazzle!
Spencer: Nice to see you, Ms. Briggs. Or now that I'm older, may I call you Margaret?
Sam: Well, say thank you.
Freddie: What's that?
Carly: Good job, Spencer! You too, Freddie.
[A crash is heard behind Spencer]
Officer: What were you thinking? Putting up a sign telling people to "Pee on Carl"?
Spencer: Okay, so wait, wait, wait. We all failed miserably trying to get you guys more viewers for iCarly. And yet, it is precisely those miserable failures that are getting you guys more viewers for iCarly?
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
See photos of iWant More Viewers here.
- Nielsen Top 20 Cable TV Show Ratings, Sept 3-9 TVbythenumbers.com (Sep. 12, 2007)