Spencer finds an arcade game called Pak-Rat at the junkyard and becomes addicted playing it, even neglecting an important job of making a labradoodle sculpture for a wealthy doctor who is an important figure in the Seattle Art Community.
To get Spencer to stop playing the game, Carly finds Sasha Striker, a champion Pak-Rat player who disappeared at the age of sixteen, after winning the title of best Pak-Rat player ever with the highest score. Spencer beats her, but they are attracted to each other and share a kiss before she leaves, and (with the help of Carly, Sam and Freddie) Spencer builds the sculpture, which is a success.
At the very end of the episode, Carly gets addicted to Pak-Rat, and plays all night.
Carly, Sam, and Freddie keep getting chain letter e-mails from Gibby that are said to bring bad luck, and when Freddie deletes it instead of forwarding it, he supposedly suffers "bad luck."
At the end of the episode, Sam gets a text message invite from a hot senior named Gary Wolf, a guy that every girl in the school wants to go out with, after telling Carly she made all the bad things happen to Freddie (apart from a spider on his face). Carly goes to tell Freddie about the bad luck, but it turns out he saw Sam loosening bolts on his bike. Freddie got revenge on Sam by sending her the text message that looked like it came from Gary Wolf. Freddie looks like he is about to tell Carly something before she goes, but he loses confidence and goes back inside.
- This is arguably the first Creddie episode, or the first to show that Carly seems to have early emerging feelings for Freddie during the second season, even though they would not date until a year later. Carly and Freddie have a quiet scene at the end when they talk outside their apartments, while a slow song plays, and they both seem flirty. Freddie also almost asks her something, but loses his nerve.
- It is noteworthy that Jonathan Goldstein, the director of this episode and iEnrage Gibby, played Walter Nichols on Drake & Josh.
- At the beginning of the episode, just before they shut down, Carly and Sam sing the same song played by the band in the episode, iAm Your Biggest Fan.
- A character named "Consuela" was heard on a Spanish TV soap opera on Dan Schneider's other show, Kenan & Kel and Beck's maid on Victorious and Angie's guardian angel on George Lopez.
- This is the first time a bunch of reporters and nerds from a network come to the Shays' apartment. One of them is desperate for a girlfriend.
- The following things happen to Freddie:
- A spider crawls on his face.
- A red sock turns his white clothing pink in the washing machine.
- His laptop shorts out.
- His bike falls apart.
- His lunch gets run over by a bus.
- This episode was the first time Freddie tricked Sam, but it may have resulted in Sam finding out the truth, and that it was Freddie.
- It is unknown which iCarly fan found Sasha Striker.
- In the iCarly segment in the second half of this episode, the mentions of a survival knife, and the picture of a pregnant man were cut out in the UK. After Carly mentions the gift certificate, it immediately skips to the transition.
- Webflix is a parody of Netflix.
- Pak-Rat is a spoof of Pac-Man.
- When Spencer is playing the game he says "A little bang bang to the chitty chitty." This is a reference to the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- The Video Game Channel is likely a spoof of G4 TV.
To be added
- In the scene where Freddie comes to Carly's apartment to borrow Carly's tennis racket, he leaves the front door wide open as he enters. But as Spencer turns away from the Pak-Rat machine to say to them "Another ten thousand points, another extra rat....." the front door is closed, then immediately afterwards it is wide open again.
- When the rich doctor first comes to the apartment and finds Spencer has not completed the sculpture as promised, he asks Spencer "What is that on your face?" then Carly removes the object and holds it up with her left hand saying "It's smoked salmon", then there is a cut to the rich doctor who says "What is wrong with you?", then there is a cut back to Spencer and Carly, but now Carly is holding up the smoked salmon with her right hand.
- Just as Sasha Striker is about to enter the Shays' apartment, Carly runs across the living room and unplugs the Pak-Rat machine - the machine stops making sounds, but the lights on top remain lit.
- When you look at the game Spencer's playing the rat keeps going the same way and the cats stay in their block, apart from when he was playing Sasha Striker.
- Since Carly unplugged the Pak-Rat machine all the high scores would have been deleted.
- At the end of the episode when Spencer sees Carly sleeping on the Pak-Rat machine, he is barefoot, but when he picks her up to bring her upstairs he is wearing slippers.
To be added
- In this episode, Freddie is not fooled by Consuela's Revenge. This suggests that he's not as gullible as iTwins would have you otherwise believe.
- This is the second time Spencer broke a world record, the first was in iWant a World Record.
Carly: [reaches for a spider on Freddie's face] Oh, I can't I can't I can't I can't!
Sam: My mom told me I couldn't leave the house 'til I clean out my room, so I locked my door, snuck out the window, and took a bus here. Got any meat?
Freddie: [picks up plastic bag] What's this?
Rich doctor: What is that on your face?
Sam: Gary Wolf is so gorgeous.
Spencer: I did what you asked me to do!ch I shaved, I took a shower, I mailed that movie back to Webflix, I-
Sam: Are you guys gonna make out or play some Pak Rat?
Sam: [grabs the microphone from the reporter's hand] Stop watching the video game channel, you big bunch of losers! You're wasting your lives! Get a job! Kiss a girl! Do something! [gives back the microphone] No offense.
Sasha: Nice game.
Sam: Oh, man. I got another one of those chain letter e-mails from Gibby.
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Spencer's blog: You know what I forgot? To write a blog.
See photos of iStage an Intervention here.