This episode aired during Nickelodeon's 2012 Worldwide Day of Play. The episode premiered with 3.612 million viewers. The episode is the lowest rated iCarly special, a rank previously held by "iStart a Fanwar" (5.024 million).
After Jimmy Fallon mentions iCarly on his late night show, the gang does a tribute webcast to him. Jimmy sees it and invites them to New York to appear on his show.
On the flight to New York, Gibby's luggage gets lost, so he buys new clothes from a guy on the street. However, when they do a variation of Random Dancing on Jimmy Fallon's show, Gibby's pants accidentally fall off, causing a major scandal. People initially blame Jimmy Fallon for allowing nudity on his show, but iCarly does a special webcast taking full responsibility for the incident.
At a hearing by the NCC, they learn that the fine for nudity is $500,000. Since iCarly has taken the blame, they have to bring up the money, or they will be shut down. They see no possibility of getting the money, so they are about to give up on iCarly when Jimmy Fallon's producer tells them to meet Jimmy once more. On the show, Jimmy reveals that he asked for donations to save iCarly via Twitter, and within a day, he received $576,094 from viewers.
- This episode reached Number 1 on iTunes for the Children's TV category on its premiere weekend 
- G.I. Judo is a parody of G.I. Joe.
- This episode has a newer opening sequence, featuring more scenes from the special. In addition, the flame that was absent in the sequence during the blowtorch explosion into the iCarly logo from the first half of season five returns, accompanied by the shine and sparkles.
- Dan Schneider posted on his blog that he was working on a 60 or 90 minute episode of iCarly that will bring back "one of the most popular TV show casts ever". He mentions here, "I'm working on an outline for a 60 or 90 minute iCarly special that MIGHT (and I did say "might") bring back one of the most popular TV show casts ever! I hope it'll happen. I think it will :)"
- This is the second time out of three times the iCarly cast will be joined by another TV show cast, the first being Victorious in the Season 4 special iParty with Victorious. The third time will be in the episode iLost my head in V egas
- Jimmy Fallon guest stars as himself.
- Tina Fey, Rachel Dratch, Steve Higgins (credited as Higgins) and Questlove also guest star as themselves.
- BooG!e once again makes a recurring appearance as T-Bo and Mary Scheer returns as Marissa Benson.
- Baggles makes a return appearance, this time with moving arms.
- This episode was filmed in New York City and in LA (the iCarly segments, and the apartment, 
- This is the first time that Mrs. Benson is shown at The Groovy Smoothie.
- The bike messenger that hit Spencer was actually speaking Greek. The first time he hit him he was saying something like, "What are you doing here?! Don't you see where you are walking?!", while the second time he was yelling, "Oh, you again?! Why don't you watch your steps?!"
- This is the first episode that was shot outside of California.
- This is the first episode since iParty with Victorious to only have one writer.
- BooG!E confirmed the guest stars and episode title.
- Jackie Joyner appeared as a character named Bonnie in this episode.
- This episode took longer to film than a normal two-part episode because of the New York location and its very special guests.
- This episode was filmed during Noah Munck's 16th birthday and Miranda Cosgrove's 19th birthday.
- There is a parody from the popular '90s sitcom Seinfeld in the scene where they're wondering what kind of pickle Freddie is eating at the diner. Dan's Diner itself representing Monk's Cafe, the coffee shop frequented by the Seinfeld characters. Spencer's way of entering the diner is a parody of Kramer. Freddie's line, "I will heat" is another parallel to Seinfeld parodying George. Finally, the scene has bass-heavy background music, similar to Seinfeld's.
- This episode's working title was "iLove Jimmy Fallon". In Canada, YTV originally billed this episode for broadcast on Monday, October 15 under the title "iLove Jimmy Fallon" up until October 10, when the advance billing was changed to "iShock America".
- This episode features cast members from the popular sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live. It is not a reunion, though, because they were all on the show at different times.
- In reality the FCC would sue for around 1.4 million dollars for nudity.
- A Japanese character, Domo, makes a cameo appearance in the hotel room.
- Spencer's line "Do you know how hard it is to make Jimmy Fallon laugh?" is an ironic reference to Jimmy Fallon's run on Saturday Night Live, where he had a reputation for being unable to contain his laughter during a skit.
- Freddie being called a kumquat by a driver who almost hit him is a reference to the Crazy Cab Driver from an All That sketch who would call someone a kumquat if they got annoyed by his reckless driving.
- The Screaming Mel doll is a reference to actor Mel Gibson, who brutally beat his wife and child in 2011.
- The Jimmy Fallon underwear is a parody of the Ellen underwear sold on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Gibby saying "Kay, Kay" is a reference to Cat Valentine, a character on Victorious and Sam and Cat. He also says it in IStill Psycho.
- When Gibby's pants fall, his crotch area is obscured and not fully shown.
- This is Pam Puckett's third and final appearance, although she only appears from the legs down and doesn't speak, and the audience gets to see more of the Puckett house.
- Carly puking into other peoples' hats, Spencer setting things on fire, and Spencer getting hit by a Greek bike messenger were all running gags.
- In the UK, Australia and Greece, it is called iShock the World.
- This is the first time since IDon't Want To Fight in which Carly's hair was in a ponytail.
- Gibby stated that he used his cat's litter box and his cat freaked out.
- Whenever iCarly is introduced on the show, The Roots play an excerpt of the show's theme song.
- This episode was skipped on MBC 3 in the Middle East.
- This episode only airs in the US during marathons.
- Sam called right after Carly saw the Jimmy Fallon segment. However, Sam should've called while Carly was sleeping, as Spencer showed it to Carly minutes after it was broadcast live.
- In the street vendor scene, Sam activates the "Screaming Mel" doll by pressing a button on front, but on the Jimmy Fallon Show, Jimmy activates his "Screaming Mel" doll by pressing a button on the back.
- In the street vendor scene, Gibby asks if the guy has any belts, but it is seen that he is already wearing one.
- When Gibby's pants fell down it is later said that he had no underwear on, but a few scenes after 'the incident' it can be seen that he did in fact have on underwear.
- Spencer says the "NCC" is in charge of what you can and cannot show on television and the internet. In fact the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has a mandate to regulate content on radio and television, but it has no mandate to regulate content on the Internet.
- Marissa and T-Bo saw the "Trouser Wowser" incident at the same time it happened in NY. In real life, Late Night is pre-recorded before it airs on TV and Gibby's pants falling down would have been cut out for the TV edit.
- This episode was renamed to iShock the World in the UK, but the URL in the opening titles still says iShock America.
- The show was live, but for some reason Spencer was able to pause and rewind the showing to show Carly, Sam and Freddie.
- The Shay apartment was revealed to have a DVR unit which Spencer and Sam used in "iSam's Mom". DVR units always allow for pausing and rewinding live TV.
- Principal Franklin once said in iOwe You that it is illegal to solicit money from people over the internet, yet Jimmy Fallon did so in the episode.
- If you look closely when the video of Gibby's pants falling is rewound, it is of the same clip that happened in the episode, and never actually showing it in full.
Jimmy Fallon: [on Late Night show, writing] Thank you, internet, for giving us iCarly.
Carly: And now, our first guest...
Carly & Sam: Baggles!
Baggles: Nyaaah!! [yogurt pours out of nose]
Carly & Sam: [both complain in disgust]
Sam: Baggles has a sinus infection.
Carly: That Baggles...
Sam: It's just--
Gibby: [as Gib-Love] Mucus...
Spencer: [getting out of a cab, yelling] Man, I love New York! [then getting hit by a bike messenger, groaning] Oh.
Carly, Freddie, Sam and Gibby: [clapping]
Jimmy: [introducing the iCarly gang on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon] Here comes iCarly!
[The gang watching Gibby's pants fall of on TV]
Sam: Well that's hard to miss.
President of NCC: The penalty for doing that is a fine of $500,000.
Carly: [vomits in a fedora]
President of NCC: That's my hat.
[Carly, Sam, Freddie, and Gibby sitting at a diner]
Freddie: [shaking salt rapidly on a pickle he's holding angrily] $500,000. How are we supposed to get that much money, huh? How?! [bites his pickle angrily]
Sam: [to Freddie] Oh give it up, we're not!
Carly: [to everyone] Well then the NCC's gonna shut us down, so goodbye iCarly.
Freddie: No! that web show is my life! [leans over the table between himself and Carly] My life Carly! [leans back down and looks at his pickle] ... What kind of pickle is this?
Gibby: That's a dill.
Sam: It's not a dill!
Carly: I think it's a dill.
Freddie: [yells] It's not a dill! [pauses and apologizes to the rest of the group] I'm sorry I yelled, I'm very upset...I...
Carly: Let's all be honest here.
Gibby: Fine. One time I used the litter box.
[Carly, Sam, and Freddie looks at him oddly]
Gibby: And my cat freaked out.
Gibby: How many times do you want me to say I'm sorry?
Gibby: [repeating] I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
Freddie: [getting irritated] Stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, STOP IT!!
[Knocking at door]
Freddie: Who is that?
Gibby: I think it's someone knocking at the door.
[The Clothes vendor sees Spencer's GI Judo toy land onto the road]
Clothes Vendor: [to Spencer who is going into a subway station] Hey Mr.Man! I think your friend just landed!
Related iCarly.com Games
Click here to play iGo to NY
Related Cast Posts
- Jennette McCurdy tweeted: "Holy chiz, this episode is gonna blow your brains out."
- Noah mentioned to Nick.com about Jimmy Fallon "Hands down, he was my favorite guest star. I'm such a big fan, and he was so funny and fun to work with." 
See the gallery for this episode here.
See the video gallery for this episode here.
- Jerry Trainor on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (October 5th, 2012)
- Airdate & Title Change in promo
- Working Title
- Number of views
- iTunes rating
- Dan's Hey From Me blog(News on upcoming iCarly and Victorious episodes) November 16, 2011
- 'iCarly' Spoofs Jimmy Fallon
- Miranda confirms filming in NYC
- Dan Schneider posted a picture
- Confirmation from BooG!e
- Jackie Joyner as Bonnie
- Seinfeld parody in sneak peek
- FCC reference
- Noah new episodes interview with Nick.com