Carly and Sam both develop a crush on Freddie's "nerd" friend and member of the AV club, Shane. When they cannot decide who should date him, they hold a contest where the first one he kisses gets to date him. The girls try different ways to get him to kiss them, but are always interrupted.
When Shane sees Sam and Carly fighting over him, he walks out on them and accidentally falls from the iCarly studio to the basement because of the broken elevator. While in the hospital, Carly kisses him after everyone else leaves the room, then sighs and says "I win!"
- When the pizza deliveryman arrives at the apartment to deliver Spencer his pizza, he steals a lamp while Spencer hurls the pizza at him.
- Before their initial talk about liking Shane at their lockers, Carly asks Sam to slap her and Sam does. Carly explains that she needed something to wake her up after a boring class and Sam says she should have gotten herself kicked out (like Sam did).
- When Shane arrives at the door and then they rehearse, we see Carly setting everything up before she answers the door.
- When Carly asks Shane to rehearse with her, he says "Doesn't Freddie live across the hall?" and Carly replies, "Yeah, but he's not that good an actor."
- When Carly and Shane are rehearsing the play she made, she lies and tells him that she has modeling jobs.
- During the scene where Sam lies to the nurse about her being Rebecca Berkowitz, and the nurse says she is in big trouble, the real Rebecca Berkowitz says "What did I do?"
- Before Carly goes upstairs to Shane and says "I'm back," we see Spencer is there, Carly answer the door and says "I can't believe the elevator is still broken." and Spencer says "Me too", sweating a lot.
- While Carly and Sam argue after Sam catches Carly and Shane about to kiss, Freddie walks in the room and Shane asks him what is wrong with the girls. Freddie tells him "They're a mess."
- Sam seems to be a "professional" liar in iRocked the Vote, but here, she couldn't come up with a lie to Carly (maybe Carly knows if Sam is lying or truthful). Also, in iWill Date Freddie, Carly says that Sam doesn't lie, contradicting what she states in iRocked the Vote. There is a possibility that Sam learned to lie after this episode because she wasn't able to lie to Carly, or that she was already a "professional liar" in both iWill Date Freddie and here, but just can't lie to her two friends.
- Even though this is the first episode of Season 2 that was aired, the production code is 204 and iGo to Japan's production code is 201-203, meaning that iGo to Japan was filmed first.
- Very early on, in the first season of iCarly, Nathan Kress was given a pair of very large platform shoes to wear, to make up the height difference between himself and Miranda Cosgrove. When the second season began, the shoes were no longer needed, as he had grown to about the same height as Miranda. By the third season, he was actually somewhat taller, as was seen in iSpeed Date, when she rested her head on his shoulder.
- Shane is played by James Maslow, who later appeared on the show Big Time Rush as James. Interestingly, the character of James flirts with Miranda Cosgrove in the episode "Big Time Christmas". Miranda Cosgrove was reportedly dating James Maslow in real life at the time this episode was filmed.
- This episode is one of the five episodes to have an extended edition, the others being iPilot, iCarly Saves TV, iSaved Your Life and iParty with Victorious.
- The song played in the ending credits, while they were brushing their teeth, is Miranda Cosgrove's cover of "Stay My Baby" by Amy Diamond.
- In the UK, the 4:3 release of this episode was extended. However, the widescreen version (which first aired in late 2010) was not.
To be added
- Carly wears "helping" bras when she wants to attract boys' attention.
- When Carly and Sam were agreeing about the conditions of their "contest", Sam said, "I enjoy lips to lips", but she hadn't actually kissed anyone before, as discovered in iKiss, which aired 9 episodes later. This may have been wishful thinking on Sam's part.
- The freight elevator that serves the Shays' apartment and the iCarly studio has exterior doors on each floor that appear to be made of studded metal. It also has in inner door that appears to be a gate of green-painted wooden slats - this inner door should be part of the elevator car and go up and down with it. However when Shane falls down the elevator shaft, as he falls through the main floor of the apartment the green inner gate is seen hanging down from the top of elevator shaft opening, even though the elevator car is not there.
- Shane would've died if he fell that far down in real life.
- It would be impossible for an elevator to plummet down a hoistway - unless the safety brake failed to engage.
- Carly says "I win" at the end of the episode, after she kissed Shane. However, when Carly tells Sam the rules, she says that the girl can not kiss Shane. Shane must kiss the girl for the girl to win.
- Carly and Sam arguing about Shane.
- Characters saying "3 or 4. Maybe 5".
- Freddie's voice is deeper in the episode and onward, due to Nathan Kress going through puberty. This is remarked on at the beginning of the episode.
- Starting from this episode, Carly doesn't wear her bangs up in twists anymore.
- This is one of the three episodes where Carly and Sam fight, the others being iDon't Want to Fight and iQuit iCarly. This is also the only time Freddie doesn't try to get the two to make up.
- This is the second episode which mentions Sam and the trombone after iHatch Chicks when she mentions that she had taken "two miserable years" of trombone lessons. She plays one in this episode, but not very well.
- Carly seems to be somewhat self-conscious about her bust size in this episode. She grows out of it by the time of iFight Shelby Marx when she proudly says "I'm getting curvier every day!"
Sam: Why does your voice sound deeper?
Carly: [about Shane] Do you think it'd be crazy if I ask him out?
Carly: Did you feel his arm muscles?
Sam: Wouldn't it just be easier if you wrote "I'm desperate" on your forehead?
Carly: Well, I don't even care because I have a date with Shane tonight.
Freddie: [eating a cookie] Mhmm, who made 'em?
Freddie: [To Carly] Why don't you just let Sam date Shane and you find someone else to date?
[Sam sits at a kissing booth. Freddie walks up, puckering his lips slightly.]
Shane: [seeing Carly and Sam fight over him] GIRLS!!! [Carly and Sam stop fighting] I don't know what's up with you two, but I've had enough of it! You guys, you guys are INSANE, you know that? Jeez!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Carly's blog: Who did SHANE really like best?
See photos of iSaw Him First here.
- Breaking It DownMiranda Cosgrove’s Love Life: Everyone the Former ‘iCarly’ Star Has Been Romantically Linked to
- Nickelodeon UK's HD feed launched on 4 October 2010
- The extended S1 and S2 episodes do not have widescreen versions.