iRue the Day is the eleventh episode of the first season of iCarly. It marks the second appearance of Nevel Papperman. This episode is notable for The Plain White T's making a guest appearance and singing their song, "Our Time Now".
One day at school, a boy in their class who was supposed to appear on the show that night tells the trio the Plain White T's are in Seattle. He does promise to appear another time and Sam tries to use Gibby as a substitute. That night on iCarly they try and show a video of a cat purring the National Anthem but there are several glitches. After the show, Freddie is still unsure what happened. Seconds later, Spencer comes in and turns on the news. It turns out that he saved the life of Tom Higgenson, the lead singer of the Plain White T's. Spencer talks to their manager to set up a performance for iCarly. During another webcast, their website is hacked by Nevel Papperman, who tries to ruin their website in revenge for Carly refusing to kiss him in the episode iNevel. Freddie tries to figure how Nevel hacked his computer and Spencer comes back with great news, next week the band will be on the show and it has to be next week since they will be on a year long world tour after that, but they tell him what happened. Freddie has an idea and tells Spencer the show will go on and Spencer calls the band.
The iCarly trio attempts to hack Nevel's website by going into his house and trying to do the necessary jobs in order for Freddie to be able to hack Nevelocity. They get out of the house after a hard time in which they were caught by Nevel's grandma, but she fortunately couldn't see very well and thought that Freddie was a spider. Despite their efforts, they are unable to succeed as Nevel was one step ahead of them. Carly then says that they should just continue doing the web show despite Nevel's hacking. Carly then calls Colonel Morgan, a military friend of her father, to stop Nevel. When Nevel interrupts their next iCarly webcast, he is promptly ambushed by the military and is initially threatened with arrest, but Colonel Morgan instead forces him to apologize to Carly before calling himself a weenie while on camera. He is then left dangling from the ceiling, the same mishap Freddie endured earlier.
After iCarly is free from Nevel again, the Plain White T's play their song "Our Time Now" on the show and everyone has a rockin' time.
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- Christopher Duncan as Colonel Morgan
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- The Plain White T's as themselves
- When Carly and Sam are on Nevelocity, you can see a picture of Carly and Sam with the word "BORING" written on it. This could mean that Nevel took down the honest review of their show that his mother made them write and put his mean review back up, or he probably wrote a new, mean one.
- During the first part of this episode there is a bulb burned out behind the hand in the "walk/don't walk" sign in the iCarly studio. Later in the episode the bulb has been replaced and the sign is working properly again.
- This is the first time a musical group appeared on the show, with the Plain White T's making a guest appearance and singing their song "Our Time Now".
- This was the last episode to air in 2007.
- The scene where Carly and Sam are sneaking into Nevel's house is very similar to a scene from the Drake and Josh episode, Megan's New Teacher, where Drake and Megan are sneaking into Megan's school.
- The Mission Impossible theme plays as the iCarly gang enters Nevel's house. Freddy drops down from the ceiling similar to Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.
To be added
- Dan Schneider made a mistake with Carly's father's line of service whether he is in the Navy or Air Force. Colonel Shay is in the Air Force, and he was on a Navy submarine for undisclosed reasons
- After Spencer tells the gang that the Plain White T's have agreed to appear on iCarly, and Carly tells him about Nevel hacking their site, Spencer says "That evil little maniac that makes great tapenade but tried to kiss Carly?" - but in "iNevel", Nevel told them that his mother made the tapenade, not him. But, Spencer was out of the room, when Nevel said who made it.
- Colonel Morgan says that Nevel is in violation of the Internet Security Act of 1983; however, the Internet Security Act was not passed until 2000. CompuServe launched the first commercial internet service, including e-mail, in 1979 through Radio Shack, although it only became widely available in 1989.
- When Tom closes the song, you see that the camera Freddie is holding is right in front of Tom. However, in the next shot, Freddie and his camera are at a corner and nowhere near the front of Tom.
- At the beginning of the episode, Sam claims that she got a D on the test, but if she only answered half of the questions then she would have got an F. The teacher or school might have a policy that the minimum grade is a D.
- In the episode where the Plain White T's perform, you see Carly, Freddie, Spencer, and Sam sitting in the car while the band is performing. The car seat, however, is created by Spencer in a later episode, in which the iCarly team meets an obsessive fan.
- Toward the end, Nevel is mocking iCarly on a video camera while streaming directly to their site, which is presumably connected to a network through his computer. When the military agents arrive, they confiscate two desktop towers and other various equipment; while this is happening, and Morgan picks up the standalone camera to film Nevel, the video data stream continues to show up on iCarly. How is that possible when the camera is not connected to anything, especially without a computer?
To be added
To be added
Freddie: I'd bet my whole month's allowance that all of my equipment was working perfectly!
Carly: Will you ask the Plain White Ts to perform on iCarly?
Carly: Hello, internetelodeons!
Sam: Look, Nevel, you better just back off or I'm gonna squeeze your big round melon-head 'til it pops!
Sam: Wow Freddie, I like seeing you all feisty.
Sam: I used to rate geeks on a scale of 1 to Freddie. [Sam looks around] But I think Nevel just broke that scale.
Nevel's Grandma: [Walks in and sees Freddie dangling from the ceiling] Ooh, spider!
Nevel's Grandma: Who are you?
Nevel: [Sees the soldiers coming into his house] What are you people doing here? I demand-
See photos of iRue the Day here.