The iCarly crew loves the show America Sings, so they tell their viewers to vote for David Archuleta, whom they want to win over his British competitor, Wade Collins. After a series of commercials, Archuleta wins, which initially surprises everyone.
The next day, a news report talks about Archuleta's win and the reporter speculates that iCarly may be the reason why. Carly, Freddie and Spencer see an interview on TV where Wade Collins says that his mother is ill and that he wanted to use the earnings, if he had won, to help his mother get the surgery she needs. They feel sorry for Wade and invite him on iCarly, hoping to help him get more popular and get his own recording contract.
When they learn that Wade didn't get anything for coming in second, they volunteer to help make a music video for him (later known as "Cry Like a Lion"). After the show, Wade reveals his true colors as nasty, snobbish, arrogant, and obnoxious, calling everyone a "hobknocker" and insulting everyone. He continues to be rude and opinionated toward everyone, belittling them (especially his "personal assistant" Gibby, whom he incorrectly calls 'Jibley') every chance he gets, while they continue to make his video.
During an iCarly rehearsal, Freddie finally finishes the video and Wade comes to collect it with his mother. Seeing his mother isn't actually sick and that Wade lied about it all to get sympathy, Carly has enough and refuses to give him the video, so Wade steals the DVD. David Archuleta makes a guest appearance on the next iCarly webisode where they show a video of what Wade Collins is really like. They tell what hotel and room Wade is staying in and asks anyone in America who dislikes him to go there. David can't sing because he has a sore throat, so they have Spencer play iCarly out on the banjo.
Spencer gets a letter from Video Village that claims he hasn't returned a video that he rented ten years earlier. Sam teaches Spencer how to lie so he can tell the video store clerk he actually DID return it, but he just can't do it. In the end, it turns out that the video store owner just sends out letters to scare people. The clerk promises to take it off his system, and she and Spencer begin flirting with each other.
- David Archuleta as himself
- Alex Schemmer as Wade Collins
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- Andrea Swain as Video Village Clerk
- Archuleta being a winner on America Sings is a response to being the runner up of American Idol season 7. The winner of that season was instead David Cook.
- Wade calls Carly and others "hobknockers". The true meaning of the word is unknown (it is not a real British slang), but it is apparently both "gross and illegal".
- "Blimey" (in full "Cor blimey") is an English idiom that means "God blind (or blame) me".
- This episode premiered on TEENick's "Crush Night," hosted by David Archuleta and Miranda Cosgrove.
- When shooting Wade Collins video, the iCarly gang shot it inside the studio. But in the final music video, it was shot outside. This could mean that they switched locations or decided to use a green screen.
- Several people who watched this episode thought that it was probably the most racist episode in iCarly due to the several quotes said by Wade Collins which they thought was offensive to all Americans.
- Andrea Swain, the actress who played the Video Village clerk, also appeared in iCarly Saves TV and iStart a Fanwar.
- In iBloop, the swing out of the monitor stops every time Freddie clicks the button.
- Ciara Hanna (who would later play Gia Moran from Power Rangers Megaforce/Super Megaforce) made a cameo appareance.
- America Sings is a parody of American Idol. However, this creates a minor continuity error because in ISpy a Mean Teacher, where it is revealed Miss Briggs has a crush on Randy Jackson, Carly mentions American Idol by name, indicating that the real-life show exists in the iCarly universe.
- Backstage Hollywood is a parody of Access Hollywood.
- A Helicopper movie poster from Drake & Josh can be seen when Spencer arrives at Video Village.
- The video the iCarly gang made of Wade Collins has a similar style to YouTube Poop.
- Boogie Bear Takes Manhattan is a parody of The Muppets Take Manhattan.
- Spencer is a terrible liar while Sam is an expert at it.
- Despite Carly wearing fancy clothes and make-up in order to participate in the video clip that Freddie is about to make for Wade Collins, we never actually see her in the video when Freddie shows the final form of it.
- Her part was edited out. Possibly because either she or Wade didn't want her in the video.
- In this episode (and again in "iThink They Kissed") Spencer brings out a "banjo" - but the instrument has six strings, so technically the instrument is a banjo guitar, not a banjo proper. In "iSell Penny Tees" he has a proper 5-string banjo.
To be added
- Right after David won, Freddie hugs Carly, but when Sam sees him, and he sees her, you can tell they are still tense from the kiss.
- This is the first episode where Spencer plays the banjo. He later plays it in iThink They Kissed and iSell Penny-Tees.
- The video they make for Wade in this episode leads to the episode iFix A Popstar.
- This is the second time Carly says "Isn't he charming?", the first being iGot Detention.
Carly and Sam: David! David! David!
Spencer: I am a terrible liar.
Carly : [Playing with a yo-yo] ... Yo ... Yo ... Yo ... Yo ...
Freddie: I fixed it so it swings out 18% faster now.
Gibby: You've got beautiful hair.
Wade Collins: Just roll the camera! Action!! [music plays]
Wade Collins: You are all just a bunch of hob-knockers!
Freddie: Thanks, it was hard to find good footage of the guy NOT screaming at me and calling me an "UNTALENTED HOBKNOCKER!!!"
Spencer : You're very nice.
Sam: So, David, what was it like hanging it out with Wade Collins?
Wade Collins: [in a YouTube Poop-style video] I wanted tuna fish! [knocks the plate of ham sandwich out of Carly's hand, edited to do it three times]
David Archuleta: Should we tell them what room [Wade Collins is staying in]?
See photos of iRocked the Vote here.