"Carly's nemesis Nevel invites the group to his wedding, but Carly suspects that the bride isn't what she claims to be. Harper and Spencer wager on who can collect the most phone numbers at the wedding."
— Official Paramount+ Synopsis
Carly and the gang are invited to the wedding of their former nemesis Nevel Papperman, much to their dismay. Freddie is the best man and he and Spencer tell Millicent and Harper about their previous encounters with Nevel - when he first met Carly, tried to kiss her and when he stuffed Freddie in a robot costume at their party. At the rehearsal dinner, the gang meet Nevel's fiancée Prunella Pitz who is a big fan of Carly, but Carly starts to get creeped out by Prunella, which leads her to think Prunella is a robot.
Meanwhile, Millicent tries not to leave Freddie's side as she is worried that her adopted stepfather will meet someone and instantly want to marry them. Carly meets Prunella, but her odd behavior leads Carly to believe that she is a robot. Prunella has a tendency to tilt her head and blink creepily. She also has an excellent memory and Nevel jokes that she has a computer for a brain. No one seems to know her and she has no family. Nevel also states that he wouldn't be able to inherit his trust fund unless he married a human woman.
During the rehearsal dinner, one of Prunella's bridesmaids drops out and Carly is left to step in, much to her dismay. Carly asks Freddie for help to expose Prunella and he agrees so that he can make sure Carly doesn't go to the extremes. On the wedding day, when one of the bridesmaids flirts with him, Millicent intervenes and scares her off by saying that he has gambling debts and raging night terrors.
At the bridal suite, Carly throws a magnet at Prunella's head and everyone is shocked when it sticks to her head. Prunella explains that she has a steel plate inserted into her head following her family's skiing accident. Carly goes on to apologize to Prunella but a battery pack falls out of her dress, seemingly confirming Carly's suspicions of Prunella being a robot, but Prunella begs her to not tell anyone.
At the wedding, Carly tells everyone that Prunella is a robot and Nevel reveals that he and Prunella weren't actually getting married. It was merely a ruse to get Carly to marry Nevel. Carly cancels the wedding, but at this moment, Prunella professes her love for Nevel. She tells him that she fell in love with him while planning this fake wedding. Nevel is shocked to hear that someone could be in love with him. Their feelings are mutual, and they decide to get married.
Later, Freddie asks Millicent why she keeps him from talking to other women. Millicent says its because she hates seeing Freddie sad after his divorces. Freddie sees a sad, lonely Carly and asks her to dance. The two share a dance together.
Spencer and Harper try to compete with each other during Nevel's wedding weekend to see who can get the most numbers from the guests. The two come to a tie and decide to dance with each other to get more attention from the guests.
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- Bailey Stender as Prunella Pitz
- Jessika Van as Julia
- Heather Hiatt as Suzie Cunninghart
- Kenneth Mosley as Robert the server
- Erin Manker as Rabbi Lowenstein
- Eva Ceja as Kimmi
- During the live tweeting session, writer Kate Stayman-London tweeted a number of behind the scenes trivia points.
- iRobot Wedding is the first episode of TV that Kate Stayman-London has ever written.
- iRobot wedding contains two tributes to one of Kate's comedy heroes, Mel Brooks, in the cold open of this episode. The episode also contains fashion references.
- Minor character fun fact #1: Robert the Server is named after Kate's dad, Rob Stayman.
- Minor character fun fact #2: The bridesmaid who flirts with Freddie is named after Kate's friend and screenwriter Julia Cox. Julia Cox, Ali Schouten and Kate Stayman-London went to graduate school together and love to name characters after each other.
- Kate loved the idea of Nevel throwing a robot-themed wedding, but had trouble figuring out Carly’s drive for the story. Then Clay Lapari, the script coordinator suggested having Carly think that Nevel’s fiancée is a robot.
- Kate was nervous to pitch such a wacky story, but Miranda Cosgrove, who is a producer, loves the idea.
- Costume designer Bramli Knauf called Kate and said, "I had a dream last night that Spencer was in a helmet. Is that too crazy?" Kate loved the idea and wanted to have the visor move up and down for jokes.
- Kate loves the the BuffyBot episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and they inspired how she wrote jokes for Prunella.
- Kate wrote that Millicent was reading The Economist, but they couldn't use it because it's a real magazine. It was layer changed to the Economic Economy. That magazine is now on Kate's bookshelf.
- Minor character fun fact #3: Rabbi Lowenstein is named after Kate's friend Jenna Lowenstein, who was Kate's boss on Hillary’s campaign and wrote a reference to help her get the job on iCarly.
- Kate insisted on the wedding being a Jewish robot wedding. The crew made a robot chuppah, and Ali and Kate staged a fake wedding beneath it.
- Minor character fun fact #4: Suzie Cunninghart (aka Fake Ms. Papperman) is named after two writer-producers, Suzie V. Freeman and Sarah Cunningham.
- The jingle that Freddie and Julia sing was an Ali Schouten special. She came up with the idea and song on set.
- This is the first episode in the revival with a different outro song. The credits song is called “The Robot Shuffle” and Kate Stayman-London wrote it. She loves wedding line dances, and this song was inspired by the Chicago Bears’ iconic 1985 hit “The Super Bowl Shuffle.”
- Kate Stayman-London, the writer for this episode, is a novelist, screenwriter, and political strategist. She was the lead digital writer for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign and has written for notable figures such as President Obama and Malala Yousafzai.
- Carly is 5'5.75" tall.
- Freddie's second marriage lasted 14 months.
- Freddie is afraid of moths.
- Prunella has a steel plate in her head due to a tragedy with her parents.
- Spencer did immersion therapy to overcome his fear of clowns, so they only make him cry sometimes.
- Lightning striking when someone says Nevel Papperman's name.
- Carly trying to find clues proving Prunella is a robot.
- Nevel last appeared in iHalfoween, aside from his appearance in the Sam & Cat episode #SuperPsycho.
- Additionally, the events of iRue the Day are referenced.
- This is the first appearance of Nevel Papperman in the revival.
- Creddie share another dance, like they did in iSpeed Date.
- This is the second wedding episode after iDo, in the original series.
- The events of iNevel and iHalfoween are referenced.
- Some of the wedding food was halal and gluten free.
Harper: Give me your phone, what are their names?
Carly: Hey Prunella, as your newest bridesmaid, I just wanted to say, 01101100.
Kimmi: I'm sorry do I know you, or you?
Related Cast Posts
See photos of iRobot Wedding here.
See videos of iRobot Wedding here.