Carly's old friend, Missy Robinson, comes back into her life, making Sam feel left out. Missy offers to include Sam in her time with Carly, but something always goes wrong: Sam ends up being sent to a wrong address when they want to go on a helicopter ride, her phone falls in a pitcher of Wahoo Punch when Missy fails to catch it, and the Persian chocolates she gets from Missy are long expired and make her extremely sick, causing her to believe that Missy is out to get her. Carly thinks Sam may be jealous or paranoid and makes them talk things through at the Groovy Smoothie.
While Carly is getting more smoothies, Missy admits she is trying to get rid of Sam and says that Sam can't beat her up because Carly would think Sam started it.
Sam attempts to get help from Freddie, who doesn't believe her and assumes that she's just jealous. However, after realizing that she came to him for help, Freddie is convinced that Sam must be in serious trouble and her friendship with Carly could be in jeopardy.
Missy wins a six-month-long "School at Sea" program and brags that she is more excited about this than reuniting with Carly, so she no longer needs to sabotage Sam. However, Carly coincidentally overhears this as she realized that Sam was telling her the truth and reaffirms that she is her only best friend. Missy leaves and the two girls make up.
Later on, as Freddie helps Carly between classes, Wendy approaches her and reveals that Freddie actually won the "School at Sea" contest and gave the trip to Missy (despite his effort to keep this revelation from Carly), who now realizes that he secretly decided to help Sam in an effort to bring the girls back together again. After he finally admits that he did, Carly reveals that Missy used to suffer from seasickness. The episode ends to reveal that this problem hasn't completely disappeared and that the cruise she's taking is on a cargo ship.
Spencer prepares for a camping trip with Socko, two girls they met in a junkyard, and Socko's grandmother (to scare away bears). However, an old enemy of his, Chuck Chambers, traps him down in the basement.
Chuck keeps him prisoner in the storage compartment since Spencer got him grounded for two days in iHurt Lewbert, takes Spencer's cell phone away and squirts him with an unknown fluid whenever Spencer talks too much or tries to escape.
Eventually, after two days, Earl Chambers discovers them, grounds Chuck again, and drags him up the stairs. Spencer laughs and then panics when he realizes that they left him locked in the basement. There is no explanation as to how Spencer was finally able to escape.
- Haley Ramm as Missy Robinson
- David St. James as Mr. Howard
- Ryan Ochoa as Chuck Chambers
- Chris Harper as Earl Chambers
- Mary Ann Springer as Wendy
- Joan Huddleson as Ms. Murdock
- Haley Ramm is the real-life best friend of Miranda Cosgrove.
- The main plot for this episode is similar to that of the Zoey 101 episode, "Son of a Dean", in which Zoey's roommates accuse Zoey's boyfriend Lance of rigging a raffle so they could go to a movie premiere together.
- This episode aired as part of Nickelodeon's "Double Trouble Night."
- The yellow purse that Missy carries around is exactly the same purse that Sam carries around in iMake Sam Girlier.
- When Chuck is playing his video games, the music playing from them is exactly the same melody from Pak-Rat in iStage an Intervention,and appears to be playing on a PSP.
- The subplot is very similar to the main plot of iPsycho, where Nora trapped Carly, Sam, and Freddie for about a day.
- When Carly and Missy walk down to the Ridgeway hallway, they pass a red-haired boy holding a brown paper bag, who Carly identifies as Kevin. She tells Missy that if Kevin asks her if she wants to see his onion ring, she should just say no. If you watch the paper bag closely, you can actually see it move. On his blog, Dan Schneider complimented the post-production team for this effect.
- In the "Fun Facts" for iReunite With Missy, Dan Schneider remarked that one day, he would get around to asking the person who does the set dressing why there are two pump bottles of lotion on top of the microwave in Carly and Spencer's kitchen.
- Carly is wearing a top that has a print of the repeated image of what appears to be 60s activist Angela Davis.
- Sam states the chocolate that expired in 1992 was older than the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air; however, Fresh Prince first aired in 1990. She is possibly referring to its end.
- Sam has a tendency to be paranoid.
- She used to think Lewbert's wart hides a surveilance camera and still thinks Gibby is a mermaid because he hates shirts.
- Carly lived in Seal Beach around 8 years before this episode, where she was best friends with Missy.
- Carly said she had only one best friend, but she actually has two best friends, as she said in iThink They Kissed (meaning Sam and Freddie)
- But as Sam and Carly had been best friends before meeting Freddie and since both of them are girls & as she probably talks to Sam about things she couldn't talk about to Freddie, Carly probably considers Sam being her BFF and Freddie 'only' being one of her best friends. Also, things could have changed before iThink They Kissed.
- Seeing as there are only girls involved in the conflict, she could also be only talking about FEMALE friends.
- Right after Spencer gets pinned under the junk in the storage locker he pushes a white hexagonal box with the lid right out of the way. However, after the close-up shot of his cell-phone showing that Socko is calling the lid to that box has reappeared next to him. Then when Chuck is locking Spencer in the locker the whole box with lid has reappeared next to him.
- It is unknown how Spencer got out of the basement.
- In the calendar that Iran uses, 1992 is 1371, but the chocolate box says 1992 in the Gregorian calendar, just written in Persian numbers.
- Sam says that the chocolate from 1992 is older than the TV show The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, but the chocolates are two years younger than the show, which premiered in 1990.
- It's possible Sam was referring to 1992 as the year the chocolate expired and that the chocolate was made before The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air aired.
To be added
- In this episode, Freddie states that Sam isn't his friend, but in iMake Sam Girlier, an earlier episode, Freddie said that he and Sam are really close friends (although it should be noted that he was very angry with Sam when he said this in the beginning of this episode).
- This episode marks the second appearance of Chuck Chambers. Spencer mentions their first conflict from iHurt Lewbert.
- Spencer references iMeet Fred when he asks Chuck if he would accept an ostrich as payment to let him out of the storage compartment, meaning he could still own Marvin.
- When Sam gets sick, Missy volunteers to cohost that evening's webshow. This is the first time that someone other than Carly or Sam co-hosts iCarly. Later on, Spencer fills in for Sam while she's in jail in iWon't Cancel The Show.
- Sam asking Freddie if she ever came to him for help might seem like a continuity error given she did so in iMight Switch Schools. However, this was also a situation where she was afraid of losing Carly, so Freddie remembering this might have actually make him realize how worried Sam is.
- From this episode onward, the phone that Sam steals from Missy is now her phone.
- This is the second and third times someone has vomited on the show (Sam and Missy). The first was Freddie in iKiss, the fourth time was Gibby in iHave My Principals, fifth was Nora in iPsycho, sixth was Spencer in iOMG, seventh, eighth and ninth were Carly in iGo One Direction and two times in iShock America, and tenth was the guys Spencer's age in iFind Spencer Friends.
- This is one of the only times in the series where Freddie/Nathan wears shorts instead of pants for almost the whole episode.
[Carly and Missy squeal and hug repeatedly]
Sam: [sick after eating expired chocolates] I feel like butt! Remember that time you dared me to lick the swing set?
Carly: [about the expiration date of a box of chocolates] I can't read this. It's written in ... foreign.
Carly: [about Sam being paranoid] And last year you were sure Gibby was a mermaid.
Freddie: You know, maybe Carly's right. Maybe you're just jealous of Missy!
Carly: No, you care about Sam!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
See photos of iReunite With Missy here.
- NBA Playoffs, NASCAR and WWE RAW lead cable TVbythenumbers.com (May 19, 2009