iRescue Carly is the 11th episode of the 5th season of iCarly and the 105th episode overall.
Sam meets up with an old friend who just got out of juvie, Dana, and Carly tags along, eager to meet one of Sam's other friends. Dana makes fun of Carly's girly behaviour when talking to Sam alone, but still invites both of them to a "smash party" where they demolish an abandoned house. Knowing it would be dangerous for Carly to go there, Sam says they aren't going, but Carly goes on her own. She quickly realizes that she's out of her element, but doesn't want to admit to Sam that she can't handle Sam's crowd of delinquents and calls Freddie and Gibby for help instead. All three of them end up tied to a wall and being pelted with various things.
Meanwhile, Spencer finds some pairs of night vision goggles his father used to own and starts having fun with them, like tickling people in the dark or stealing their popcorn while they are watching a movie. While he is having a Teddy bear fight in the dark with T-Bo, Sam interrupts them and learns that Carly went to Dana's party alone. She immediately takes a pair of night vision goggles, T-Bo's sock and a pack of butter from Spencer's fridge and goes to the party. After Dana mocks her for having gone soft, Sam turns off the lights and beats up all the party guests using the night vision goggles and the butter sock, saving Carly, Freddie and Gibby.
- Spencer and Carly's dad was briefly mentioned in this episode because he keeps night vision goggles and other things in the Shay storage unit.
- Gibby was shirtless in this episode, even though in iStill Psycho and iToe Fat Cakes he is said to not do that anymore.
- "Toilet Punch" has been mentioned again and it hasn't been mentioned since IHave My Principals.
- In the closing credits with Gibby in a tall table, a sign for 'Omar's Pizza' is featured. Omar's is the pizza service used in Victorious.
- This episode's colors are less saturated and the lighting is darker on streaming services.
- At the beginning of the episode, Sam asked Baby Spencer why a fifth of Americans can't locate Wisconsin on a map. This is a reference to the famous 2007 viral video that shows Miss South Carolina answering the question why a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map.
- In the iCarly segment Baby Spencer, Baby Spencer says 'Kay Kay'. This could be a reference to Cat Valentine from Victorious.
- According to Dana's Party, their layouts look like the The Gorilla Club from Victorious
- Freddie used to take ballet.
- When Carly and Sam meet Dana in the Groovy Smoothie, Carly buys smoothies and gummy hearts. After Carly sits down she unties the bag of gummy hearts and takes one out, but does NOT put it in her mouth - however immediately after the next cut she is chewing a gummy heart and muses out loud what flavour it is.
- Freddie was in awe about Spencer's night-vision goggles (as if he'd never seen the technology in use before) but he did use night-vision technology in iScream On Halloween for the investigation of Apartment 13B.
- Sam said that Dana got arrested when she was ten, but in reality, she would've just been expelled from a school, her parents would have to pay a fine, or just get in school suspension. You can't go to juvie at the age of ten, you legally can go at 13.
- When Sam arrives to rescue Carly, Freddie and Gibby she reaches for the light switches to turn out the lights - she clearly misses the switches altogether, but the lights go out nonetheless.
- The house should not have electricity at all - as the house is abandoned, the electricity would have been cut off when the last owners or tenants stopped paying their bills.
To be added
- This is the first time Carly's name is used in an episode title not within the web show name iCarly.
- This is the sixth time Carly has to be rescued so far, the first five being iGo to Japan (Along with Sam and Freddie), iQuit iCarly (Along with Sam), iSaved Your Life, iPsycho (along with Sam and Freddie) and iStill Psycho (along with Sam and Freddie). Arguably, Spencer also rescued her in iPear Store. (Only Carly's toe had to be rescued in iToe Fat Cakes).
- Once again, Sam uses her Butter Sock after iTake on Dingo, iParty With Victorious, iStill Psycho, iBattle Chip and iOpen a Restaurant.
Sam: I'm not mixing you with my prison friends!
Sam: Carly may not have a prison record like us, but she's cool.
Dana: [Checking out Sam's butter sock] Nice heft.
Freddie: [Answering his phone] Hey, Carly. What's up?
Carly: I need to stay here and prove to Sam that I'm not some scared little baby that needs help.
Dana: You ballerinas ain't leaving.
Gibby: You throw like a girl!
Sam: I said, cut em loose. Mama don't like saying chiz twice. [others back away]
- This episode premiered to 3.330 million viewers.
- This episode reached No. 1 on iTunes for Kids' TV during its premiere weekend.
- "Puckett Power" and "Butter sock" trended worldwide on Twitter during this episode's premier night.
See photos of iRescue Carly here.
See videos of iRescue Carly here.