After Carly gets a B+ on her history paper because her teacher, Mr. Devlin, doesn't like "3-hole punched" paper, Carly is distraught because now she won't get straight A's on her report card. After overhearing Principal Franklin's username and password to the school's network, Sam hacks in and changes Carly's history paper grade to an A+ (which gives Carly straight A's for the semester as she deserves). Sam also changes two of her own grades and one of Freddie's grades (to avoid paying him $40 she owed him). Before she tells Carly about what she's done, Sam makes Carly ankle swear' not to tell anyone.
Carly is horrified that Sam has changed her grade, but refuses to break her promise to Sam. Carly does tell Freddie and makes him promise not to tell by pinning him to the ground and holding him down. Freddie (with Carly's help) hacks into the schools computer network with his laptop and tries to change all the grades back and instead change the cafeteria menu to something that would be 'yummy' to eat but before they could catch up on what they really had to do, the Computer Security Agency (CSA) bursts into Carly's apartment and catches them hacking. The guilt eventually gets to Carly and she confesses to Spencer and then to Principal Franklin. Freddie also tries to take the blame.
Sam, feeling bad that she hurt her friends, shows up at Principal Franklin's office and confesses that she was actually the guilty party. Freddie and Carly are not punished, but Sam receives multiple detentions. As soon as Principal Franklin leaves the room, Sam gets right on his computer and tries to reduce her number of detentions, but Carly pulls her away by the hair before she can make the changes.
- In a blooper seen in iBloop, Miranda Cosgrove fools around and eats one of the cereal pieces from Jennette McCurdy's bowl.
- The end credits clip that features Carly & Sam talking about the #1 webshow, was reused in iCarly Saves TV, but with a different take.
- This is the first episode to air in 2008.
- The B on Carly's report is never clearly shown, though it is seen for a brief moment when Mr. Devlin hands it to her.
To be added
- Principal Franklin's username, BigTeddy, and password, Corncake21, are revealed in this episode.
- The detention form at the end of the episode reveals that Sam's last name is Puckett.
- Carly reads that she has to say "RAMPU" to turn on the lamp. But Japanese has its own script, so Carly wouldn't be able to read it without knowledge of katakana, unless the instructions were in romaji. Also, the "R" letter in Japanese is pronounced as an "L," so it is pronounced "LAM-PU (ランプ)."
- As Freddie enters while Spencer and Carly are talking to the lamp, it can be seen that the chain is missing from the chain lock on the front door.
- Mr. Devlin could have easily been reported to Principal Franklin for teacher abuse or even fired.
- When Sam told the truth about changing Carly's grades, Principal Franklin gave her detention. In reality, she would be arrested for it as well as suspended or expelled from school. Though it is likely he went easy on her, because in iOwe You, Sam said that he goes easier on her when Carly is around.
- Spencer assembles the Japanese lamp in this episode, but it was seen long before that in iPilot - it is therefore likely that Spencer is installing a new fitting in an old lamp.
- When Carly comes downstairs to confess to Spencer about changing her grades, she turns in both directions and it is clear she has no letter A stuck to her butt. After that she did not sit down, go anywhere near Spencer's A sculpture or even touch anything until she leans over the back of the couch, so there is no way she could have gotten the A on her butt.
- In this episode Carly gives away their microwave to Principal Franklin. However, in subsequent episodes, what appears to be the same microwave is back in the Shay kitchen. This cannot be explained in-universe unless Carly or Spencer bought a new one which was the same model and color, or Principal Franklin gave it back.
- In this episode (also in "iThink They Kissed") Spencer brings out a "banjo" - but the instrument has six strings, so technically the instrument is a banjo guitar, not a banjo proper. In "iSell Penny Tees" he has a proper 5-string banjo.
To be added
- In this episode, Carly pins Freddie down twice, easily. There is a reference to this in iThink They Kissed, where she tries to pin him down again but Freddie easily reverses the pin, prompting Carly ask why he's so strong.
Spencer: Lamp. Lamp. Lamp!
Carly: Let me see the instructions.
Carly: Then just let me reprint for you on paper that's completely hole-free!
Sam: Tell you what. On the next iCarly, we tell everyone to go egg Mr. Devlin's house!
Freddie: Mr. Devlin is, like, the strictest teacher in school.
Principal Franklin: Good morning, Sam.
Principal Franklin: Sam, just sit quietly and try not to break anything.
Freddie: [after Carly pinned him down] Oh, and just for the record, the only reason you pinned me down like that was 'cause I wasn't ready.
Carly: Are you ready now?
Freddie: Yeah, why you--
[Carly tackles him and pins him down easily]
Freddie: Can we please not tell anyone about this?
[Carly smiles contentedly]
Mr. Wimley: Please complete exercises 7 and 9.
Security Officer: We're going to need to speak to a parent or legal guardian.
Spencer: [from the bathroom] I AM IN THE BATHTUB!
Freddie: [to the security officers] Are we under arrest?
Carly: Are you gonna take us to juvie?
Freddie: [crying] I don't wanna go to juvie!
Carly: They're gonna take us to juvie!
Carly and Freddie: [cry]
Spencer: Hobos can't afford cable!
Sam: HAIR, HAIR, HAIR, HAIR, HAIR!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
See photos of iPromise Not to Tell here.