"All I want out of life is to be 'Mrs. Sam This Pie'."
When Mr. Galini, the 97-year-old owner of the group's favorite pie shop, passes away and the shop is about to close, the iCarly crew tries to find a way to save it because the owner's granddaughter Trudy doesn't want to keep it open, and Mr. Galini's assistant, Mario is unfamiliar with the pie recipe. Trudy agrees to give the recipe for her grandfather's famous coconut cream pie to Spencer in exchange for a date, but later confesses she never had it. The coconut cream pie recipes that Carly and Sam request from their viewers don't come close to Galini's pie. When Freddie and Sam try to find the recipes on Mr. Galini's computer, they get into a fight and knock it over. To their surprise, the recipe cards were put in the computer itself, and they fell out when the computer was knocked over. In the end, Trudy and Mario reopen the pie shop.
Freddie tries to get Stephanie, his mother's cousin's baby, to laugh because he is the only person who can't. In the end, he succeeds when he throws a pie into his own face, and Stephanie has a small fit of giggles.
- When the pie shop is shown for the first time, above it is a sign with "Schneider's Properties" written on it. This is a reference to the show's creator, Dan Schneider.
- Although the iCarly trio and Spencer say that Galini's Pie Shop is their favorite pie shop, and it is hinted that they often go there for breakfast, this is its only appearance.
- The the operating system on the computer which has the pie recipe is actually Windows 95.
- This episode is tied with iOMG for iCarly episode with the third-shortest title (4 letters). iDo is in second (3 letters), and iQ has the shortest title in the history of iCarly (2 letters).
- A slight modification to the Season 2 opening sequence is seen in only this episode. Instead of the clip of Carly staring at the baby happily, it is replaced with the clip of the iCarly trio being blasted with mud in iGo to Japan. In the next episode, iChristmas, and international releases of this episode, the opening sequence is back to the way it was.
- This episode shows that Sam can be very selfish and greedy when she eats the pie and doesn't share it or put it down.
- Freddie's mother has a cousin with a baby. Baby Stephanie hates Freddie.
- Mr. Galini's computer has no disc drive slots and no cables plugged in to it - it doesn't even have any sockets or terminals where cables could be plugged in - and it's an old computer.
- Permanent Continuity Change: Since this is the first episode to air after iGo To Japan, their iWeb Award trophy can now be seen in a compartment above their model car in the studio.
- Spencer claims that he lost Brock, one of his many pet goldfish. This may mean that after the events of iDon't Want to Fight, Carly lied to Spencer about Brock dying in order to keep him from owning and caring for another fish ever again. However, this may also mean that the fish Spencer killed in iWin a Date by hitting the fishbowl with a baseball was Brock.
- This is the second episode iin which Carly sings ("Amazing Grace"). The first was when she was singing about "having fun with Daka's money" in iPromote Techfoots; the third, singing "Shakespeare" in iDo.
- Spaghetti Tacos appear again after their first mention in iWill Date Freddie
Carly: But I remember you leaving before I went to bed. You said, "Good night, I'm going home," and then you left.
Sam: Can I borrow a clean shirt?
Freddie: Can I come in? I'm already in so say yes.
Freddie: [About baby Stephanie] But do you know what she does when she looks at me?
Freddie: I can't make that baby laugh, no matter what I do! What's wrong with me?
Spencer: You guys wanna go grab some breakfast?
Carly: Wait, you're wearing pajamas.
Sam: [points at her piece of pie] All I want out of life is to be 'Mrs. Sam This Pie'.
Spencer: I gotta have a couple coconut cream pies to go.
Freddie: I want pie.
Sam: [Holds up the empty pie plate] I decided to share this with you guys.
Spencer: Oh, hey, Mrs. Benson. [looks at Baby Stephanie, who is in the stroller] Oh, look, a little baby person!
[The others are trying to get Spencer to talk to Trudy]
Spencer: [To Trudy] Hello Trudy, my name is Spencer Shay. I come here a lot.
Trudy: Let's move this party to the couch.
Freddie: [after trying to entertain the baby with a bear costume] I thought I heard you guys out here.
Sam: What is this on your chest?
[Carly, Sam, Freddie and Spencer are standing around the last piece of Galini pie]
Carly and Sam: We're appealing to you, the fans of iCarly, to send us your best recipe for coconut cream pie! So ask your parents, your grandparents, your aunts, your uncles, your aunt's uncles, your uncle's aunts, your neighborhood hobos, hobos from other neighborhoods.
Freddie: Mom, what are you doing here?
Spencer: [eats pie 22, then spits it out] YOU DARE CALL YOURSELF A PIE?!
Carly: Doesn't it make us kinda skeevy to go to a man's memorial service just so we can steal his pie recipe?
[At the memorial service]
Spencer: What I've learned is, if you have a gold fish, feed them. And if you take them for a walk, leave them in the bowl ... Mr Galini will be missed ... so that's really all I have to say ...
Carly: Thank you, Spencer for that wonderful story about your many dead goldfish. I've never spoken at a memorial service before so let's all just sing! Here's a fun song to sing when people die! Join in if you know it! [Starts singing Amazing Grace]
Related iCarly.com blog posts
Spencer's blog: Galini's Secret Recipe
See photos for this episode here.