"Fine! But I'm keeping this PearStore shirt!"
Freddie gets a job at the Pear Store. When Carly, Sam, and Gibby visit him there, Sam manages to sell a computer by talking the customer into buying it instead of talking about technical details like Freddie does. Because of her talent for talking people into buying things, she is immediately hired, much to Freddie's dismay. When she gets promoted to a supervisor, Freddie complains about it and Natalie fires him. Right after he is fired, Sam quits, too.
Carly meets a geeky salesman named Trey at the Pear Store and attempts to flirt with him. Trey is oblivious to flirt at first, but eventually gives in when Carly invites into her apartment. When Carly comes into the room , Trey tries to act smooth and loses his geek-like personality. Carly is scared by the sudden change and asks what happened to his "nerdiness." Carly then complains to Spencer and Spencer kicks him out.
The fire department gets fed up with Spencer's habit of causing fires, so they refuse to respond to his calls again. In order to make it up to them, he brings the firemen brownies and agrees to doing one week of voluntary work at the fire department. However, when he sets the fire department's kitchen on fire, they throw him out and refuse to respond to his calls for good.
Gibby tries to buy a new case for his PearPhone 2G from a desperate salesman named Woody and eventually causes him to have a nervous breakdown.
- The storyline for this episode was first revealed by Jennette McCurdy during one of her UStream Broadcasts.
- This is the fourth and last episode of the series (not counting iBloop and iBloop 2 - Electric Bloopaloo) that did not feature an iCarly webcast, the first three being iBeat the Heat, iLove You, and iApril Fools. iCan't Take It did feature a webcast, but it was very short and only lasted around 10 seconds.
- This episode has a character named Lonnie, (portrayed by Fawnda McMahan)  and another character named Melinda (portrayed by Inda Craig-Galvan).
- Actress Ro Hill worked on this episode.
- The working title was iWork for Pear as seen in this video. However it was confirmed as "iPear Store" at a recent poll in iCarly.com and here.
- This is the first time end credits played during the episode, however they were small and went very fast.
- iPearStore trended worldwide on Twitter during its premiere night and was acknowledged by Dan Schneider himself.
- Woody is portrayed by the same actor who played Paul (guy bothering Carly at Pini's) in iDate Sam & Freddie.
- This episode holds the record for the most plots in an episode, with 4.
- Dan Schneider was the man that Sam pointed out, the one that bought two laptops and the extended warranty.
- Pear Company is a parody of Apple Inc.
- On a Computer you can see TheSlap.com & DanWarp Blog.
- The Doctor Who joke is a reference to the "Who's on First?" routine by Abbott and Costello.
- You could nearly see TheSlap.com on the computer screens in the Pear Company.
- On the computer screen, you could see pCloud which is a parody of iCloud.
- If you look closely (when Carly is talking to the worker from the pear store in the iCarly studio) at the monitor in the iCarly studio it says on the list of choices it says Drake & Josh and Zoey 101.
- When Freddie first sees that Sam got the job, he says "How did... but you... how could you...?", and then Sam says "You wanna finish any of those sentences, or...?". This is a possible reference to the Drake & Josh episode "Mindy's Back", where Josh and Mindy had exactly the same type of exchange.
- Its against the law for the fire department to refuse to help people with fires. Donker and the Fire Department had no right to refuse to help people with fires, so they could be sued.
- When Sam is leaving the store near the end, you can see that an actual White MacBook Pro is on display, instead of the PearBooks seen throughout the episode.
- Woody acting desperate
- Customers acting like morons
Chief Donker: [to Carly, after Spencer's snowwoman sculpture bursts into flames] I mean the fire department is done with you people.
Carly: [to Trey] So ... so ... [turning his face towards herself with her hands] Soooo...
Stupid Customer: Wait, what if I wanna ...
Freddie: How did … but you … how could you ...
Carly: [to Spencer] You started a fire at the fire department?
[Trey is chasing Carly down to the loft, Carly runs behind Spencer for protection]
Natalie: Okay, you're fired.
Related iCarly.com Blogs
- This episode premiered to 2.75 million viewers. However, a repeat of the episode following the Victorious special Tori Goes Platinum had 2.899 million viewers, slightly more than the original airing.
- According to Dan, this episode topped the iTunes Charts (for Children's Television).
See the gallery for this episode, here.
See the video gallery for this episode here.
- Airdate and plot reference
- Title Reference
- Part 2 of Jennette's UStream revealing episode details
- Character Named Lonnie
- Character Named Melinda
- Ro Hill worked with McCurdy
- Number of views
- iPear Store Number One on iTunes