Carly and Freddie grow tired of Sam constantly borrowing money and never repaying them, so Sam tells them to figure out how much she owes them, and promises to pay it all back. She is stunned to learn that her debt is $526, but determined to keep her promise, she gets a job at Chili My Bowl to earn the money but she yells and threatens a customer until her boss tells her to apologize and clean the men's room. On the next broadcast of iCarly, Sam asks their fans to donate money to her, citing the school's address as the venue to mail it. However, they find out that it's illegal to solicit money from minors over the Internet, and must send back all of it, or provide their fans a product or service in return.
Meanwhile, Spencer tries to impress an attractive single mother by helping her young daughter, Emily, sell Sunshine Girl fudge balls. However, two older Sunshine Girls steal Spencer's place at the market. Spencer then comes up with the idea of sending fudge balls to all of the iCarly fans who sent Sam money. That way, Sam could keep the money and Emily would sell the most fudge balls in her troop.
Carly soon tells Freddie about it, and says that she and Freddie could give Sam the money she needs to pay them back, and Sam can quit her job. Freddie says that they can't do that because even if they give Sam the money she won't feel like if she really paid them back. So they arrange for an adult Sam doesn't know to give her the $526 as a tip. Sam is thrilled to be able to quit her job. However, to Carly and Freddie's dismay, she doesn't pay them back and instead buys a trampoline.
In the end, everyone enjoys the trampoline Sam bought with the money. Spencer, however, wants to know where their couch is.
- Tim Russ as Principal Ted Franklin
- Jennifer O'Dell as Emily's mother
- Piper Mackenzie Harris as Emily
- Stephen Full as Lenny
- Teddy Lane Jr. as Sam's boss
- Even though the subplot is about Spencer helping Emily win a bicycle, Emily and her mother appear in only 2 scenes at the beginning, and then they are absent for the rest of the episode.
- If you look closely, there is a Blix machine in the back. This is a drink from Zoey 101.
- Stephen Full guest stars as the irritated customer who complains to Sam about not getting hot sauce.
- It might have been intended to have Spencer join in on bouncing on the trampoline with Carly, Sam and Freddie, as individual close-ups of the four on the trampoline were featured in the Season 2 intro theme song.
- Freedie said the graph of Sam borrowing started off July of 2 years ago. If this episode takes place in 2008, then it would mean that Sam has been borrowing money since July 2006.
- Sam's boss at Chili My Bowl was played by Teddy Lane Jr.
- The Sunshine Girls appear again in Dan Schneider's other show Victorious.
- Chili My Bowl is a parody of a real-life restaurant called Chili My Soul.
- It's revealed in this episode that Carly used to be a Sunshine Girl.
- After the skit about "The prisoner who just wanted some soup", the black hat that Sam was wearing lands upside down under the table, but when Sam bends down to pick up the dollar bill on the floor the hat has suddenly turned right-way up.
- When Spencer comes back to the supermarket on his skateboard with a box of fudge balls, one of the Sunshine Girls pushes him off camera; we hear him collide with a car, then his skateboard flies back on camera in two pieces - half of it rolls under the table, and the other half comes to rest in front of the table - but in the next shot one half of the skateboard has moved some distance to the left of the table; but when Spencer bends down to pick it up, it moved closer to the table again.
- It is unlikely for Sam to owe Carly and Freddie $526 by just borrowing $20 to $30 from time to time, since this is the only episode to feature Sam borrowing money. However, it is implied she has borrowed money in the past, but it is not shown.
- When Sam and Carly are in Principal Franklin's office he shows them the mail sent to Sam at the school and says that each item contains cash. There are two things wrong with this scene. First, it is against the law to open mail addressed to someone else, so the school had no right to open any of the letters, let alone Principal Franklin. Second, the envelopes that Carly and Sam examine have not been sealed - if they had actually been sent through the mail they would have been sealed and should have been opened by cutting with a letter opener or knife.
- When the guy hands Sam the $526 tip, he hands it to her with his right hand after she puts his order on the counter. In the next shot, he picks up his order with his right hand, and reaches for the tip in his back pocket with his left hand, and then hands it to her.
- Principal Franklin may have gotten into legal trouble for opening somebody else's mail or even dismissed from his job.
- Sam does not need to print return address labels on the envelopes, they just need to be marked "Return to Sender".
To be added
- This is the second time Sam cries.
- Even though Sam says she doesn't want Freddie to see her cry, he already has in iDon't Want to Fight.
Freddie: Uh ... are you having some kind of lip seizure?
Freddie: You ready to rehearse some iCarly?
Spencer: Just ask me! I'm easy.
Spencer: I could help her sell them.
Freddie: Augh, you squished my trackpad finger...
Carly: So, how much do you have?
Sam: [Hugging Carly] Look, Principal Franklin, it's my best friend, Carly, who loves me and sees the value in me as a person! Right, Carls? Tell the nice man.
Sam: Two bucks from Louis Beckerman in New York ... Two bucks? Way to dig deep, Louis.
Sam: [staring at two additional large bags of mail] We gotta send all those back, too?
Carly: Isn't "Chili My Bowl" the place where some guy found a finger in his chili last year?
Spencer: The dock workers wanted no part of me or my fudge balls. They threw clams at me!
Guy: Hey! Lady!
Sam: Hey, what goes on?
Spencer: I just wanted you girls to know that I won the bike. And because I am a grown-up, I forgive you for behaving so rudely to me. Take care.
[Carly, Sam, and Freddie are jumping on a trampoline in the living room as Spencer walks in]
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Sam's blog: How I Quit My Suckish Job
See photos of iOwe You here.