After Tasha, a mean girl at school, says that no webshow is cool unless it has been reviewed on Nevelocity.com, Carly tries to prove that their webshow is good enough by trying to get Nevel to review their website. When he invites her for an interview, Carly is very excited at first, but is surprised when it turns out he's a snobbish eleven-year-old boy with a large brain (which he shows Carly a picture of). After Nevel flirts with her and even kisses her on the cheek, Carly is so creeped out and outraged that she smears tapenade in his face, and he angrily promises she will "rue the day."
Out of anger, Nevel writes a nasty review of iCarly, despite saying that he said that he liked the show before. Carly, Sam and Freddie try to force him to tell the truth with the help of Jeremy, or "Germy," (because Nevel hates germs) a kid in Ridgeway who sneezes all the time, but Nevel tricks Jeremy into releasing him by offering him twice as much as the iCarly gang pays him (without actually paying in the end).
Since their first attack failed, Carly, Sam and Freddie are surprised at the fact of not being able to defeat an eleven year old boy until they get a spark and decide to tell Nevel´s mom on him, who scolds him and sends him to his room to write an honest review.
Spencer has to make a sculpture out of butter (Called Toasty the Baker) for a bread convention, but has to restart after Sam accidentally turns up the heat and melts it (who later on attempts to blame Freddie for it). Spencer doesn't blame either of them and as he's rebuilding the sculpture, he quietly says that Toasty will be back and "butter" than ever, hoping that no one hears him.
- Mary Scheer as Marissa Benson
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- Nathan Pearson as Jeremy
- Nicole Anderson as Tasha
- Wendy Braun as Ms. Papperman
- Colin Spensor as Wesley
- Charles Kim as Chuck
- This episode marks the first appearance of Nevel Papperman.
- When Nevel asks Carly if she likes music, the music he puts on is the same music in iDream of Dance.
- This is the second time that Miranda Cosgrove and Reed Alexander have been on set together. Reed made brief appearances in Drake and Josh prior to this.
- There is a deleted scene where Carly, Sam and Freddie are about to start their webcast for iCarly and Carly says that they need to rock for the webcast. Sam says "When do I not rock? Look at me, I'm rockin' right now!" and launches into a little dance. For unknown reasons this scene was cut from the episode, though the dance is shown in the Season 1 opening credits. A blooper where Jennette McCurdy flubbed her line and failed to do the dance before correcting herself is shown in the episode iBloop.
- Tasha has the same name as Gibby's girlfriend, Tasha, from season 3, but they are not linked to each other in any way.
- The site www.nevelocity.com redirects to the URL www.icarly.com.
To be added
To be added
- The front door's handle in the later section of the episode, instead of the traditional handle, is a doorknob for some reason.
- After Spencer puts his brown paper bags filled with butter in the refrigerator he leaves the refrigerator door ajar, but in the next shot, as he runs off to turn the toilet water blue, the refrigerator door is closed.
- Nevel shows Carly an x-ray of his large brain, she says "That's one beefy brain you've got there", although the size of a brain does not relate to the amount of information contained in it.
- When showing the video of the crump dancer on iCarly, on Freddie's laptop the iCarly logo is seen in the bottom right-hand corner while on the studio monitor it is in the top right-hand corner.
- When Spencer picks up his keys to drive Carly to Nevel's house and walks to the front door of their apartment to leave, he clearly has no butter stuck to his elbow, yet when they arrive at Nevel's house a dab of butter has appeared on his elbow, apparently out of nowhere
- When Carly and Sam do the iCarly Random Dancing, Sam pulls Chuck and makes him dance. The Chinese food is now on the floor. However, after the shot where Freddie holds the camera, the food is gone.
To be added
- This is the first appearance of Nevel.
- Tapenade is first mentioned in this episode.
- Even though Nevel's mother makes him write an honest review of the web show, in iRue the Day, the mean review can be seen on Nevelocity again. Nevel says she is going on a cruise vacation during that episode leaving his confused grandmother in charge; this possibly means he can post the mean review again until his mother comes home, assuming she doesn't have a laptop with her on the cruise.
Carly: Hey Jeremy! You've heard of our web show, right?
Carly: [about Tasha] She irks me!
Carly: Ooh, yay, you went shopping! What'd you get?
[Spencer tells Carly he's building a sculpture out of butter]
Spencer: [to Carly] Okay! So what are we doing for dinner? [Tickles her stomach] What's that little tween belly hungry for?
Carly [finishing an e-mail] There. All sent. Let's hit it!
Sam: I ordered Chinese food.
[Sam and Carly are interviewing the delivery guy]
Chuck: Hey, your toilet water's blue! Look at it! [Water falls from his hands] I'll get more!
Carly: So, you ready to drive me to Nevel's for my interview?
Spencer: Aww I got butter on my elbow ... [tries to lick the butter off his elbow]
[meeting Nevel for the first time; they find out he's just a kid]
Carly: [creeped out] Wow, you have an amazing nose.
Nevel: Look at this, it's an x-ray of my brain.
Carly: Look, I don't want to sound rude, but I really didn't come here to dance. Could you just interview me about the web-- [Nevel kisses her] Nevel!!
Nevel: [to Carly] You shouldn't have done that, Carly Shay!! You'll rue this day, you'll rue it!
Carly: [About Nevel] Okay, I got there, Nevel sat next to me, he sniffed my hair, he showed me an x-ray of his brain, he tried to make me dance, and then he kissed me!
Freddie: [about Nevel] And what did he mean,- you'd "rue the day"?
Carly: [about Nevel] I'm gonna go scrub his creepy lip residue off my cheek.
Spencer: Hey, why isn't it cold in here? Toasty the Baker!! Good God! [Spencer runs to his sculpture and screams]
Mrs. Benson: Spencer.
Freddie: [looking at the Nevelocity website] [to the girls, fearfully] Uh ... get ready to rue!
Sam: [About Nevel] Yeah, let's make him regret writing that review!
Spencer: [while working on his new butter sculpture] Don't worry, Toasty! Soon you'll be back and 'butter' than ever! [glances around] Thank God no one heard that.
Nevel: What is that?
Jeremy: [about Nevel bribing him to let him go] He outsmarted me ...
Nevel: [to Carly] You told my mom on me?
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Carly's blog: Why I DID NOT "Rue" the Day!!
- Sam's blog: Orange Toilet Water is Better Than Blue
- Spencer's Blog: Nevel's Mom's TAPENADE recipe REVEALED!!!
See photos of iNevel here.