Sam and Freddie are forced to share the school's biggest and best locker after winning a contest to see how many Fat Cakes were in a large jar (the correct number was 2,718). After Sam fixes it up in grand fashion (which gets Freddie into trouble), Freddie finds he can't share a locker with her and offers her $200 for her half of their locker. Sam takes the offer and says she would've done it for free because she wanted to move back to her locker near Carly's. A few moments later, Sam's mom comes to pick Sam up, but inadvertently destroys locker 239, when her car crashes into the wall which the locker was standing against. Sam jumps in the car with Freddie's money, leaving him face-to-face with Mr. Howard, who had been busting him throughout the episode.
Meanwhile, Carly tries to get some art lessons from Spencer after Sam and Freddie laugh about the poorly-drawn bunny she did on iCarly. After getting frustrated with his methods of teaching, she enlists in an art class at a community center. Spencer barges in, telling the teacher, Ms. Fielder, that she is not teaching "art" right. Their fight ends with both Spencer and Ms. Fielder covering each other in paint. Eventually, the Shay siblings are kicked out of the class and go home. Spencer apologize to Carly for all the trouble he has caused her and after acknowledging that he only wanted what was best does she forgive her. As Spencer goes to clean up, Carly answers the door and it is revealed to be Ms. Fielder who followed Carly and Spencer home. Spencer apologizes for his behavior but she stops him and apologized for not realizing one must be passionate in art. She asked Spencer teach her in that and he agrees. After apologizing for painting the others mouth’s, they share a kiss, causing Carly to say that she doesn't understand art at all.
- Tim Russ as Principal Ted Franklin
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- David St. James as Mr. Howard
- Cherise Bangs as Ms. Fielder
- The car that crashed into Locker #239 is a 1980 Toyota Corolla station wagon. The fact that a compact Japanese car of that period can do that much damage to a school building that was built in the early-20th Century doesn't say much for the construction of the school itself.
- By an amusing oversight, the Ridgeway Student Handbook forbids students from wearing tube tops or turtlenecks, but not from attending school shirtless.
- After Carly enlists Spencer to teach her about art, she isn't seen at school in the rest of the episode.
- When Sam's mom drives her car into locker 239, we can see the back of her head, but she isn't actually seen until Jane Lynch's guest appearance in iSam's Mom.
- At the end of the episode, Freddie wears the same outfit as most of iPsycho.
- Although Carly cannot draw a good picture of a bunny, in real life, Miranda Cosgrove is a talented artist.
- The first bunny Carly drew before the terrible one she showed on iCarly was never shown, but it was described by Sam and Freddie, then by Spencer.
- Sam's mom makes her first appearance in the series but only the back of her head is shown.
- One of the art students is played by Yvette Nicole Brown, who Schneider fans will recognize as Helen Dubois (the movie theater manager at The Premiere) from Drake & Josh, while others will recognize her as Shirley Bennett on Community.
- This is the first episode where Carly is in the subplot. Other episodes are iTwins, iToe Fat Cakes and iPear Store.
- Sam installs a Guitar Hero-type game in Locker 239.
- Sam's Mom driving after having laser eye surgery could be a reference from the episode of Drake & Josh "Helen's Surgery" when Helen drove to the Premiere right after having laser eye surgery.
To be added
- During the opening credits, Mr. Howard challenges Gibby for not wearing a shirt. Gibby says "Check the student handbook". As he hands Mr. Howard the handbook, the spine of the book is on Gibby's left, but after the change in camera angle and Mr Howard takes the book, the book has reversed and the spine is now on Mr. Howard's left.
- Ms. Fielder apologizes for painting Spencer's mouth blue, but she actually painted his nose blue. She continues to paint more of his face blue as the scene fades out.
- She could have painted Spencer's mouth blue after the scene ended.
- Sam's mom could not be driving if she just had surgery. She could be driving, just not well.
- When Carly asks Spencer to teach her how to draw, her necklace keeps disappearing and reappearing throughout the scene.
- Ms. Fielder said she followed Spencer's paint trail to their apartment. However, when Carly and Spencer comehome, there is no paint trail visible.
- The pain trail probably ended right before their apartment.
- Gibby telling people to read the student handbook.
To be added
Carly: It's a lot better than the first bunny I drew.
Mr. Howard: You know the rules. You are required to wear a shirt during school hours.
Sam: [Looking at Locker 239] Just standing next to it makes me feel like a princess ... [takes a bite out of a salami and holds it out to Freddie] Salami?
[Everyone is standing in front of Locker 239]
Sam: Fat Cakes, YEAH!
Principal Franklin: Yes Gibby, you have a question.
Sam: Mama knows her Fat Cakes!
Principal Franklin: Now before I announce the winner...
[after Principal Franklin announces Freddie as the winner with 2,718 fat cakes]
Carly: [to Spencer] When did you turn into my wife?
Spencer: I'm sorry I painted your mouth red.
Freddie: Hey, I can't get our locker open.
Sam: Dude, my mom just had laser eye surgery this afternoon and she's coming to pick me up, so I gotta get outside!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Sam's blog: Fat Cake Madness
See photos of iMust Have Locker 239 here.