After Mrs. Benson embarrasses Freddie on iCarly (by reprimanding him for not eating his asparagus and then forcing him to eat them on the live webshow) and in school (showing everyone his baby pictures after assuming they all are his friends), he grows frustrated with her babying ways. When his mother tries to clean out his ear with a vacuum while he was sleeping, Freddie finally decides to move out to an unused room in his apartment building. Although it is a decrepit utility room, and costs $100 a month to rent, Freddie is satisfied to be free of his mother. His mother commands him to return home (and eat a "prune pop" that she brings to his apartment), but Freddie stands his ground. After Mrs. Benson promises to respect Freddie and agrees to his conditions the next morning, they hug and he moves back home. His conditions are that she treats him like he is as old as he is, and that she unlocks all the TV channels (but Mrs. Benson is reluctant to unlock the nature channel, although she does do so).
After a pet makeover on iCarly. the iCarly gang opens a pet photography business. Another duo of pet photographers want them to shut down and when they refuse, vandalize the studio. The police refuse to help because one of them suffered from Spencer's antics and because the Petographers don't charge cops. Sam comes up with the plan to vandalize the petographers' studio in return, but when they are interruptes, she kidnaps their cat, Harmoo, to hold for ransom while threatening to shave him if the police gets involved. After the petographers fix the studio, they want Harmoo back, but he jumps out of the window and runs along the ledges of the building. They find him outside of Freddie's apartment, and since he attacks Spencer every chance he gets, they decide to use that to bait him. It works, and the petographers quickly make their exit.
- Mary Scheer as Marissa Benson
- Chad Doreck as Stuart Butler
- Jesse Erwin as Oliver Paisley
- Christopher Michael as Officer Carl
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- The episode aired with other shows like the Big Time Rush Pilot and The Troop.
To be added
- Freddie claims Mrs. Benson was pregnant with him for eleven months.
- Ever since Freddie was born, Mrs. Benson would de-wax his ears on every third Friday.
- Carly and Sam put Harmoo in the bathroom which is next to the living room on the eighth floor. Harmoo then jumps onto the ledge outside. Freddie sees Harmoo on the ledge outside his window, but Freddie's room was shown to be somewhere on the top floor of Bushwell Plaza earlier when it was first shown.
- Unless Mrs. Benson got a new locator for Freddie's head, she wouldn't have been able to find Freddie with the chip in his head, because Spencer dropped the locator in Japan.
- It would be impossible for Spencer not to have fallen off the building when Harmoo attacked him like that.
- In exterior shots of Bushwell Plaza there are vertical columns running from bottom to top between adjacent windows, and it does not appear that there are any horizontal ledges at all.
- Freddie claims that 17 seconds is Sam's personal best lock-picking time when breaking into the Petographers studio, but in iWill Date Freddie, Sam manages to unlock Freddie's apartment in less than 4 seconds.
- When Carly is at the Petographers' studio she appears to be wearing black jeans, but after returning to the apartment she is wearing blue jeans.
- It is claimed that Mrs Benson was pregnant with Freddie for 11 months. However, in real life, labor would be artificially-induced if she was pregnant beyond the due date.
- The gears at the top of the apartment turning and scaring people when someone uses the elevator.
- Spencer being attacked by Harmoo.
- This is the first time blue tea is mentioned. It is later seen in the episode iSell Penny-Tees.
- Officer Carl mentions the "Pee on Carl" incident from iWant More Viewers.
Freddie: Oh, my G.....
Mrs. Benson: [singing] When a big boy eats his vegetables--
Gibby: [to Freddie] Hey Freddie, guess what they're serving in the cafeteria tomorrow?
Freddie: It's all my mom's fault. Don't you think she's a lunatic?
Sam: [Waving some money around] Admire the wad!
Mrs. Benson: I have been waiting outside for nine and a half minutes.
Freddie: [angrily] Mom, you tried to vacuum my ear while I was sleeping?!
Spencer: I would go ice skating every night.
Officer Carl: So what do you want us to do?
Carly: [Seeing Freddie's new apartment] And I'm sure it'll be really nice after you paint it ... hang some curtains ...
Sam: Hey ... there's no bathroom in here.
Sam: [making grabbing motions] Wow, you can actually feel the awkward.
Freddie: Please don't try to talk me into moving back in with you.
Mrs. Benson: [shouting] Eat this prune pop!
Freddie: You kidnapped Harmoo?!
Mrs. Benson: [Talking on the phone] I need to report a missing little boy … he's fifteen ... well, that's little to me!
Stuart: Don't startle Harmoo!
See photos of iMove Out here.