"I didn't really want to go Briarwood anyway. "
Sam and Freddie become upset when Carly is offered a full scholarship to an elite private school, Briarwood Academy. They both worry that if Carly left, it would mean the end of their friendship and their webshow, iCarly.
Meanwhile, Spencer creates a miniature golf course, which eventually plays into Sam and Freddie's plan to get Carly to stay at Ridgeway Middle School. Sam asks for Freddie's help to prevent Carly from switching to Briarwood with the incentive that there is a better chance of Carly falling in love with him if she stays. They plan to sabotage Carly's interview with the headmistress, Mrs. Peeloff, so she would be seen in a bad light and no longer be considered for the scholarship. The two decide to make up a golf night (using Spencer's mini golf course) and invite students over to make noise and create havoc. In addition, they reschedule Carly's interview so it takes place at her home where all of the kids will be.
After her meeting goes awry and Carly confronts the two about their actions, they are apologetic and the headmistress admires the loyalty her friends show. Despite that, Carly is sure she has no chance to be accepted at Briarwood any more and says she didn't really want to go there anyway. In a blog on iCarly.com, she posted the rejection letter she received.
- When Freddie first imitated Spencer, Sam said not to sound like Darth Vader (a character from "Star Wars"), even though in the iCarly universe, Galaxy Wars is the equal to Star Wars. It could be that Star Wars also exists in the iCarly universe.
- When Freddie is talking to Mrs. Peeloff and pretending to be Spencer, his voice gets more and more like his own, ending up with Freddie talking normally.
- Sam and Freddie barely fight in this episode.
- One of the awards in iCarly Awards said iGibby, which was mentioned here.
- In the Victorious episode The Blonde Squad, Evan Smith (Cat's date) was said to go to Briarwood Academy.
- Shayne Topp, who plays Phillip Brownley, also plays Vance Anderson in the Sam & Cat episode #StuckInABox.
- Carly yawning while using a laptop became a popular reaction image.
- The life-size cutout on Spencer's golf hole is probably John C. McGinley known for his role of Dr. Perry Cox on Scrubs.
To be added
- Before Carly got sprayed, her shirt was already wet.
- When Carly asks Seth to press the water fountain button, it squirts directly into her mouth. In reality, the water stream would form a path across the floor and up Carly's front before reaching her mouth.
- When the doorbell rings, Gibby is starting a game mini golf, but in the next shot when Carly opens the door, Gibby and the other two kids are seen chatting together off to the side.
- When Carly was watching iGibby, it says that it is live. It can't be live, because Sam, Gibby, and Freddie weren't in the iCarly studio, (Carly was), and in the studio, but not on the website, there were mini golf holes. However, it was just a dream sequence.
- When Carly and Mrs. Peeloff enter the iCarly studio and sit down to begin the interview, there are three golf balls on the "toilet bowl hole", but when the boy runs back in to hit a golf ball into the hole, there is only one.
- At the end of the episode when Spencer comes out of the shower he clearly has shaving cream all over his head, not shampoo.
To be added
- Carly wears the same pink robe in the episode iCarly Awards.
Carly: [about the Briarwood scholarship] But why me?
Sam: Hey, I grabbed your mail for you.
Freddie: [rushing into Carly's apartment] Carly! I just got your text! You mean it? For real?
Spencer: I'm too focused on doing this. [putts the ball into the cardboard man's groin]
[On the iCarly webcast]
Gibby: We saw the mini golf stuff on iCarly.
Delivery Man: Hi. I got a package for Shay comma Carly.
Spencer: [walking into the room] Hey! I was wondering where you were.
Spencer: You know that red-headed kid, Ernie? He swallowed two golf balls.
Carly: Just tell me what to do!
[in Carly's dream]
Carly: [looks at the iGibby web show on her laptop and screams] Okay, first I had a sweet dream, now I'm having a nightmare! I wanna dream sweetly some more! [Carly turns the lights off and rests her head on the cushion]
Sam: In homeroom, Carly told me she's gonna have that interview with the headmaster of Briarwood.
Sam: And if she stays here, there's a better chance she'll fall in love with you someday!
Freddie: [on the phone with the Briarwood headmaster] Ah yes, this is Carly Shay's brother. Instead of Carly coming to meet you at Briarwood, could you meet with her at our apartment? ... Why? [Sam whispers something in his ear] Uh … Because I sprained my buttocks!
Sam: Imagine an interview in an apartment filled with dozens of loud, screaming kids playing mini golf! [takes a bunch of flyers out of her bag and hands one to Freddie]
Carly: Hey. Whatcha doing in the sink?
Carly: [motioning toward Mrs. Peeloff] Spencer, this is the headmaster of Briarwood.
[Freddie and Sam celebrate with drinks after successfully removing Mrs. Peeloff]
Freddie: They chased her into Spencer's shower!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Carly's blog: My Rejection Letter from Briarwood Prep
See photos of iMight Switch Schools here.
- The Hills Leads Cable TV Time-Shifting TVbythenumbers.com (Apr. 28, 2008)