Lewbert, Carly and Freddie's doorman, is injured after a confetti cannon in a faux muffin basket malfunctions and explodes for a segment of "Messin' with Lewbert." Spencer, who replaces him temporarily, suggests that Carly, Sam, and Freddie help him until he is back on his feet, but it's more easily said than done. When Freddie's mother takes over, she makes it look easy, but leaves the group extremely concerned that Mrs. Benson and Lewbert could start dating. When they do start dating, Freddie lets himself pretend to get hurt so his mother will focus on him again. Because Lewbert shows no sympathy for Freddie, Mrs. Benson dumps him.
While filling in for Lewbert, Spencer finds a CB radio in the office and uses the handle "The Doorman". He ends up angering two truckers nicknamed Porkchop and Sledgehammer. Coincidentally, Spencer himself faces harassment from an annoying little boy named Chuck Chambers, who eventually tells the truckers where to find him. Luckily for Spencer, Lewbert takes his job back just before Porkchop and Sledgehammer arrive and they mistakenly beat him up instead of Spencer.
- Jeremy Rowley as Lewbert Sline
- Mary Scheer as Marissa Benson
- Ryan Ochoa as Chuck Chambers
- Joel McCrary as Porkchop
- Matthew Willig as Sledgehammer
- Freddie's boxers are checkered yellow and red. They are seen when Sam pulls his pants down in school.
- Though his face is not seen, the tallest guy in Bushwell Plaza makes an appearance.
- When Freddie tells Carly and Sam that he slept in only his socks the previous night, Sam is seen eating from what looks like a Cheetos bag. (It's possible that she was eating Cheetos).
- Chuck reveals the location of Bushwell Plaza, the show's setting. According to Chuck, the apartment building is on the west side of Kennedy Square.
To be added
- Mrs. Benson's first name, Marissa, is revealed.
- Mrs. Benson always makes Freddie wear a belt and doesn't allow him to wear open-toed shoes.
- Lewbert has a pet lizard.
- Lewbert's mother sends him death threats.
- Lewbert said that he wanted his wart, but in iScream On Halloween, he said he wasn't happy his wart grew.
- Freddie lifted his shirt and said "no belt" and Carly said his mother always makes him wear a belt. But in iFence, he wasn't wearing a belt throughout the whole episode (although it could have been before she forced Freddie to wear a belt).
- When the two truckers arrive at the end and beat up Lewbert, they should have noticed that Lewbert was not Spencer because of their voices. Lewbert has a high voice while Spencer has a noticeably low voice.
- In the next episode, iGo to Japan, Carly wears the same pair of shoes even though she told the medic to keep one of them.
- When Lewbert's wart blew off in the explosion, it somehow landed on Carly's shoe even though she arrived minutes after the explosion. It's possible the wart stuck to the ceiling for a few minutes, then fell off and landed on Carly's shoe when she came down.
- Marissa said her name meant "honeysuckle" in French, but it actually means "of the sea". However, she could very easily have been misinformed about what it means.
To be added
- This is the first episode to feature Chuck Chambers.
- This is the first episode to have the word "Lewbert" in the title (the second being IFind Lewbert's Lost Love), and to focus greatly on Lewbert.
- This is the first episode in which Freddie's mom is interested in someone.
- This is the first time Lewbert is seen without his wart.
- Carly wears the same red and white striped shirt Sam wore in iChristmas.
- This is the first time that Freddie is seen in sandals.
- This is the first time that Sam and Freddie call each other by their last names.
- This is also the first time the term "chiz" is used. Freddie's statement, "No jokes, Puckett, this is serious chiz!" was actually controversial enough for some YouTube commentators to insist that iCarly had used the word "jizz". Apparently, some people who were not familiar with the show watched a clip of the scene and mistakenly thought that the alleged swear word was actually Sam's last name.
Carly: Lewbert's gonna be okay! ... Well, not okay, but at least back to the way he was before.
Spencer: [looking at his ribs in the form of a necklace] You ate my ribs?
Mrs. Benson: Wet and sticky is very icky. Sticky and wet makes mommy upset!
Freddie: Morning, girls. Check me out.
Sam: If Freddie's mom marries Lewbert, does that mean Freddie will have to kiss his wart goodnight?
Freddie: PUT. THE BOWS. DOWN!
Freddie: [about his mom] Now she's spending ever minute she can with Lewbert!
Spencer : [To Lewbert] And I wrote down all your phone messages in here, which I organized into three piles: "From your mother," "Death threats," and "Death threats from your mother."
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Freddie's Blog: Life with Lewbert
See photos of iHurt Lewbert here.