As a surprise for Spencer, the iCarly gang invites Harry Joyner, Spencer's art idol, to the apartment, but the plan backfires after Harry criticizes Spencer's sculptures instead of praising them. This causes Spencer to become deeply depressed. To make it up to him, Carly decides to showcase all of Spencer's sculptures on iCarly, but despite the sculptures on the webcast getting many positive comments, Spencer decides to give up on art to become a dental assistant. Carly and her friends try to help him to get back to his old self by convincing Harry Joyner to admit he actually likes Spencer's sculptures. Harry Joyner eventually admits that Spencer's sculptures are good, and he lied because he was jealous that Spencer's sculptures are better than his own recent works.
Meanwhile, Sam tries to resist the temptation to insult Freddie for a whole week, or she will have to pay him $5.00 for each insult after Freddie bets her she can't do it, which almost drives her insane. When a dentist pays Spencer to make a sculpture, he splits the money with Carly, Sam, and Freddie, and Sam uses her $40 to insult Freddie.
- Harry Joyner could possibly be a play on the name Jerry Trainor.
- Greg Patillo is a real person who beatboxes while playing the flute on YouTube.
- Just before Carly comes into the studio, Freddie can be seen playing a blue Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP.
- Carly and Sam were driven by Pam. But, in iMust Have Locker 239, Freddie worried after Sam said that her mom is driving her because of the fact that she got an eye surgery. In this episode, Pam is not a bad driver.
- At the human sculpture, the two-wheeled vehicle that Harry is driving is called a Segway.
- Before you see Spencer in the dental office for the first time, outside the building it says, "Schneider's Medical Complex," a reference to creator Dan Schneider.
- Mrs. Benson carries a bag called, Chips A'Soy, a parody of the popular cookie brand, Chips Ahoy. It seems a bit out of character, since it is unlikely she would eat this kind of fatty snack, or allow it around the house for Freddie, since she is known to be very health-conscious.
- Two family members of Sam are revealed: Greg Pattillo as Sam's cousin, and an unnamed cousin who is in jail.
- When Sam is insulting Freddie at the end, she pays him for a total of 8 insults ($40) but only insults him 7 times ($35), unless "Did I make fun of your butt yet? It's oddly shaped" counts as 2 separate insults.
- When Greg Patillo is playing the flute, Freddie is holding the video camera and dancing up and down, however, the view from the video camera is steady.
- When Sam, Carly and Freddie talk to Harry Joyner, he picks up a cheese cube. Harry slams it onto the road in frustration, but as he talks to the kids, the cheese cube reappears and disappears from his hand.
To be added
- This is the first time the Video Squirrel has appeared since iPilot.
- This is the first time that someone criticizes Spencer's artwork, the second being the art critic in iEnrage Gibby.
Carly: It was really nice of your mom to give me a ride home from school.
Freddie: Do you even know what Harry Joyner looks like?
Freddie: That is so cool!
Carly: Spencer, it's been 4 hours. I think you need to get off the kitchen table.
Freddie: Hey. [taps Sam with his foot] You wanna go to the Galaxy Wars convention this weekend? I'm dressing up as Nug-Nug from the planet Zorkon.
Sam: [flatly and passively] I'm not gonna insult you, Freddie. You're not getting five bucks outta me.
Freddie: [sighs and sits back in the bean bag chair with his hands behind his head as though visualizing] When I grow up, I wonder what kinda girl would wanna marry me.
Sam: [grabs cushion and furiously bites it to stop herself from insulting Freddie]
Freddie: After I take a shower, my mom makes me sign a piece of paper promising that I shampooed twice.
Sam: [sets pillow down and screams into it while pounding her hands and feet on the floor].
Carly: [enters the room and looks down at Sam's tantrum with uncertainty] Should I call an ambulance?
Sam: [looks up at Carly] Make him stop setting me up to insult him! It's killing me!
Freddie: You're the one who said-
Carly: You guys, not now. Spencer's really upset.
Carly: Hello, people of Earth who own computers!
[showing Spencer´s art on her webcast]
Sam: Okay ...
Carly: Look at this next sculpture.
Sam: It's a robot...
Carly: Made out of soda bottles.
Sam: His eyes light up red...
Carly: Whether he's angry or not.
Sam: Now, this sculpture is called...
Carly: The Bottle Bot.
Sam: Not to be confused with "Bubble-butt," which is what I call our teacher, the horrible Ms. Briggs.
Carly: Why say that live on the web? She already hates you.
Sam: Which means I have nothing to lose!!
[Carly tries to cheer up Spencer]
Mrs. Benson: Freddie, you didn't sign the shampoo agreement. How do I know if you double pooed?
Freddie: Aww, I think someone needs a hug.
Carly: Thanks. [hugging for a long time] Uh, Freddie? Freddie, we can un-hug now.
Freddie: Please let this last.
Spencer: You think I have too much here?
Freddie: I would've been here sooner, but, uh, I was helping my mom knit a sweater. Any comment?
Sam: And now that I have 40 bucks ... [Hands $5 to Freddie] You're a nerd.
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Sam's blog: Sam's Insults
See photos of iHeart Art here.
- Top Time-Shifted Cable Shows, Jan 28 - Feb 3 TVbythenumbers.com (Feb. 24, 2008)