iGive Away a Car is the 11th episode of the second season of iCarly and the 36th episode overall.
Carly, Sam and Freddie host a contest for a free new car from Flanken Motors after a boy named Jeffery claims that his father suggested the contest. The winner, shockingly, is Nevel Papperman. When Freddie and Sam go to retrieve the car for him, the two find out that it does not exist and the owner of the car dealership doesn't even have a son. After arguing with Nevel, they find out he was the one who sent Jeffery to them, but iCarly must still provide him with a car or they will get shut down for fraud by the LCC.
Meanwhile, Spencer buys a prop from Galaxy Wars online, but finds out that he was simply fooled by a replica. The iCarly team decides to fit it with an engine and give it to Nevel as his new car. When Nevel crashes it into a flower shop, Mr. Bullock from the LCC decides the prop fit the technical definition of a "new car" and iCarly is saved. At the end, all of them go get popsicles.
- Thomas Mann as "Jeffery Flanken"
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- Lenny Citrano as Don Flanken
- Tom Beyer as Mr. Bullock
- One car in the Flanken Motors dealership lot is identical to the car that Miranda Cosgrove used in order to learn to drive, a 2009 Dodge Challenger owned by Dan Schneider.
- The rusted car the iCarly crew attempt to give to Nevel is a GT6_Mk_I 1967 Triumph GT6 Mk1.
- George the Bra who tells ghost stories, makes an appearance and surprisingly seems to actually manage to tell a scary one.
- 2 scenes were cut when this episode aired in the UK:
- Don Flanken making up words past "Something functional".
- Nevel mentioning that he is about to rid the internet of iCarly forever, with Spencer, and Mr. Bullock "bumming" his joy.
- There was originally a scene in this episode where Sam throws a lemon, but it was cut and remained in the opening titles.
- The pickle jar that Sam drinks from at the beginning of the episode says "Schneider's" on the label. This is a reference to the show's creator, Dan Schneider.
- The LCC is an obvious parody of the FCC
- The website which Spencer buys the Proton Cruiser from is called "Craig's Mix", a parody of the popular website, "Craigslist." The logo with each letter a different color is a nod to the logo of eBay.
- One of the movers mentions the book called "The Sisters Who Had Magic Pants", a spoof of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants". Spencer had already read the book and in rage, yelled to the mover, "At the end of the book, they find out the pants aren't magic and the middle sister dies!", (the plot of Little Women), then he slams the door.
- Sam mentions Freddie and Spencer discussing Galaxy Wars as "Dorks Gone Wild," a pun of "Girls Gone Wild.
- If you look closely, the mean movers' names are Dave and Buster: a reference to the restaurant/arcade Dave & Buster's.
- Freddie has a jewelry box because Mrs. Benson wanted a daughter.
- Spencer's favorite movie is "Galaxy Wars."
- Spencer's friend Socko has an uncle named Otto who sells used cars. Socko also has a cousin named Rob who steals things.
- When Nevel grows up, he wants to run a haberdashery, which Nevel says is a men's retail store selling zippers, buttons, belts, etc. This is the US definition - in the rest of the world, a haberdashery is a shop that sells sewing supplies.
- According to Spencer, Carly has a habit of taking very long showers whenever she gets depressed about something.
- In this episode, Carly took a chair into the shower with her, indicating that she planned to be in there for a while.
- Nevel can play the recorder very well.
- Carly and Sam open the envelope, read the answer to the "brainbuster", then immediately announce the name of the winner of the contest on iCarly. However, as they did not know the answer to the "brainbuster" in advance, after they opened the envelope they would have to search through all the entries to find the winner, which would have taken some time.
- As seen later in the episode, Nevel accidentally revealed that he rigged the contest as a plan to get rid of ICarly. However, none of the ICarly gang tells Mr. Bullock about this. They could've gone to Mr. Bullock, and told him that Nevel rigged the contest so he would win and try to destroy ICarly or could've just taken him to Flanken Motors and have Dave said he never authorized the contest, which creates more evidence to show that Nevel rigged the contest.
- When Spencer was showing Carly, Sam and Freddie the Galaxy Wars Proton Cruiser on his laptop, the word "View" in "View Bid History" was spelled "Veiw".
- Nevel could not have been old enough to drive a car. In iNevel, it was revealed that he was only 11. Thus, Nevel could have been no older than 13 in this episode. In Washington State, one must be 15 to get a learner’s permit.
- Spencer says "Pewww".
- Nevel tries to ruin iCarly for the third time after iNevel and iRue the Day.
- This is the second time legal action is threatened against the iCarly gang, when Nevel attempted to get their website shut down for fraud. The first time is in iPromote Techfoots, when Daka threatened to sue them for violating the terms of a contract.
- This is the first time that Freddie says "In 5,4,3,2" outside of doing the web show. He does the countdown when he and the girls do their cupcake game at the start.
Spencer: Guess what happened?!
Carly: [To Jeffery] So, what kind of contest?
Carly: [gives the envelope with the answer to the question for the contest to Freddie] Here, why don't you lock this in your jewelry box?
Nevel: On your web show, you said, "All you gotta do is answer this brain buster", and I was the first person to send in the correct answer to iCarly.com and then ...
[After Nevel reads a legal text about fraud to them]
Nevel: You have 48 hours, iCarly! Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock... [they close the door on him, but he continues anyway] Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock ...
Carly: Are you ready, Nevel?
Nevel: What is that poop?
Carly: What's wrong with you, Nevel?! Why is your lifelong dream to get rid of iCarly?!
Sam: Where's Carly? I've been calling and texting her for hours.
See photos of iGive Away a Car here.
- Images from the Internet Movie Cars Database
- Updated:WWE RAW, Cinderella, iCarly and Monk lead weekly cable viewing TVbythenumbers.com (Jan. 21, 2008)