"I think I’m the biggest popstar, like, EVER!"
iFix a Popstar is the 14th episode of Season 3 of iCarly and the 64th episode overall. The episode was originally broadcast on March 19, 2010, although the episode was postponed from its original scheduled airdate of February 12, 2010, when an extended version of "iSaved Your Life" aired in its place.
The iCarly gang learn that the music video Freddie made for Wade Collins in "iRocked the Vote" has now become the third most-downloaded video on PearTunes. The most downloaded music video ever features a pop star named Ginger Fox, but ever since the video, her singing and music career has taken a major downturn. In order to revive her career, her manager hires the iCarly team to direct her comeback performance because Ginger likes the Wade Collins music video. However, the task proves practically impossible when the gang realize that the ex-star is all washed up. They are unable to back out of their agreement once Ginger's manager informs them that they will be responsible for the performance, whether it is a success or failure. They eventually use lipsynching, very little choreography, and very few close-ups, smoke, and other little "cheats" to make Ginger Fox's comeback successful. However, there are still some major flaws, including Ginger's failure to keep up with the lipsynching and the fact that she did not shave her armpits before the performance. The trio considers the comeback a failure, but for some reason, people love it and once again, Ginger Fox is on top, despite the fact that she's a terrible performer.
Spencer finds out the new attractive woman he's been dating is actually Gibby's mother, Charlotte Gibson. Spencer is very shocked, and refuses to accept her, saying that he can't kiss "Gibby lips." When he tells her this, she argues that Spencer looks like Carly, and since she could handle that, then he should be able to also. The storyline ends when Charlotte eventually gets terrified from seeing Spencer look like Carly, and the same for Spencer. They run away from each other, screaming.
- Betsy Rue as Ginger Fox
- Jeff Lorch as Leslie Grant
- Deena Dill as Charlotte Gibson
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- The building where the rehearsal studio is located is called the Schneider Rehearsal Lofts, in reference to the creator of iCarly, Dan Schneider.
- This is the only appearance of Ginger Fox. She was later mentioned in the Victorious episode "Freak the Freak Out", and in the Henry Danger episode "The Space Rock".
- Ginger Fox's song Number One was sung twice in Victorious.
- US TV guide descriptions say "Spencer discovers that his date his Gibby's mother" when it should say "Spencer discovers that his date is Gibby's mother".
- Ginger Fox is a parody of Britney Spears. Interestingly enough, the main plot of the episode is a parody of Spears's 2007 VMA's comeback.
- (Britney Spears had previously appeared on Dan Schneider's show All That twice. Schneider later worked with her sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, on Zoey 101).
- Sam references Buzz Magazine, which was shown in the Zoey 101 episode "Miss PCA" as a famous magazine that every girl wants to model for.
- Both of Ginger Fox's songs, "Number One" (or "My World") and "Hate Me, Love Me" were used in the Victorious episode "Freak the Freak Out."
To be added
- When Ginger sings the line, "'cause you belong to me forever," she lifts up both her arms, and you can see her armpits are shaved. However, when she lifts up one arm at the end of the song, her armpit is hairy. This is because the hair at the end was digitally edited in.
- In "iMake Sam Girlier," it is known that Freddie is prone to excessive bleeding. However when Sam pulls the fork that Ginger threw out of Freddie's shoulder, there are no visible blood marks or blood spraying out of the injured area. This could mean that Freddie has sought treatment to prevent the excessive bleeding.
- When it shows the outside of the building hosting the Pop Music Awards, the sign says that the Awards were Saturday night, but the television announcer says the awards are Friday night.
- In one part of the performance, it shows Ginger's lip syncing to be horrible, but before that, her lip syncing was spot on.
To be added
- The belly rub from "iWanna Stay With Spencer" returns.
- The main plot starts because of the events of the episode iRocked the Vote.
Ginger Fox: I think I’m the biggest popstar, like, EVER!
[Gibby and Freddie come in while Spencer is dating Charlotte, Gibby's mom]
Spencer: Gibby's eyes, Gibby's nose, ... Gibby's lips ... Ohh ... I can't kiss Gibby lips.
Sam: She hopped on the psycho train and crashed into has-been island.
[Ginger throws a fork and hits Freddie with it]
Carly: [tries to pull out the fork in Freddie's shoulder]
Sam: Can you believe six years ago Buzz Magazine named her sexiest woman alive?
Carly: You were supposed to be here 4 hours ago!
Carly: How could Ginger Fox have seemed so awesome 7 years ago?
Carly: And how does that help the fact that she dances like a diseased elephant?! ... Ugh, I'm so mean! Do you see what pressure does to me? It brings out my mean!
Freddie: Why is the audience cheering her?
Carly: Ginger Fox has NO TALENT!
Related iCarly.com Blog Posts
- Sam's blog: The World's Gone Gibby!
See photos of iFix a Pop Star here.
See videos of iFix a Pop Star here.