After seeing MMA-fighter Shelby Marx win the female CFC-title as the youngest person ever, Carly jokingly challenges her to a fight on "iCarly." However, the paparazzi twists the fake-challenge to make it seem like Carly really is challenging Shelby. Much to Carly's horror, Shelby shows up at the apartment, saying she's ready to fight. Carly ends up running away from her knowing that she is going to get beat up. Shelby assures her that she's not angry nor offended by Carly's challenge, and simply wants to hold an exhibition match with her for publicity and charity for both of them. Although Carly is deeply worried about it, she agrees when Shelby and Sam assure her that she won't be hurt.
At a press conference before the fight, Sam starts a riot by trash-talking Shelby, and Carly is pushed onto Shelby's ailing grandmother. Shelby, thinking that Carly has purposely attacked her, is furious and wants to seriously hurt Carly. Carly cancels the fight out of fear, but afterwards, she is ridiculed by her classmates and Nevel. She manages to calm Shelby down and explain what happened with her grandmother was purely accidental they agree to the exhibition fight again.
Nevel, seeing a chance to cause trouble for iCarly again, manipulates a video of the press conference to make it seem like Carly and Sam planned to push down Shelby's grandmother. Shelby is furious again and attacks Carly for real during the fight. Carly manages to get over the scheduled three-minute round by holding onto Shelby's leg and flees as soon as the door to the cage is opened.
When Shelby finds and confronts Carly, Shelby tells her about the kid who showed her the video of the press conference and the iCarly team comes to the conclusion that it is Nevel, tricking her in believing that Carly did attack her grandmother. After Freddie and Gibby find him, they pull him into the ring, where the girls, Carly, Sam, and Shelby, beat him up (off-screen).
In the end, Shelby appears on an iCarly webcast to do a spontaneous spit take.
Spencer decides to take experimental allergy pills that have numerous side effects such as itching, sweating, constant thirst, short term memory loss, and muscle spasms. His spasms make him whip spaghetti around, hit Gibby's popcorn bucket, and accidentally smack Shelby which makes her hit him back.
- Sean Smith as Dr. Dresdin
- Julien Cesario as Juan
- Victoria Justice as Shelby Marx
- Mary Ann Springer as Wendy
- Noah Munck as Gibby Gibson
- Reed Alexander as Nevel Papperman
- In the first scene, Spencer walks in and says, "Hola, muchachas y muchacho" (which is Spanish for "Hello, girls and boy"), and all three of the kids say "Hello" back. Later, in the editing bay, Dan Schneider noticed that Sam said something else in addition, which he couldn't quite make out. He played the tape for Jennette McCurdy, who thinks she said "Heyyy, skillet-biscuit." On his blog, Schneider said, "I don't know why she said that, and, surprisingly, neither does Jennette." Interestingly, the episode's Netflix transcript lists the line as "Oh, Limp Bizkit".
- Victoria Justice who portrays Shelby will later star a show, Victorious, a Nickelodeon show created by Dan Schneider where she plays the role as Tori Vega.
- This is the second Nevel episode that Gibby appears in. The first being iWant My Website Back.
- Fred appears in the crowd.
- When Spencer brought Carly downstairs (carrying her over his shoulder) to see Shelby, the girl Jerry Trainor was carrying was actually a stunt double, not Miranda Cosgrove. Because Jerry's body was covered in lotion (and therefore slippery), it was judged too dangerous for him to carry Miranda down the wooden stairs over his shoulder. The footage of Jerry carrying the stunt double was later cut together with a shot of Jerry setting Miranda down on the floor in the living room.
- If you listen closely to the crowd in the scene where Shelby punches Carly, you can hear someone shouting "You're a great puncher, Victoria!"
- This was the second episode (after iKiss) to hit #1 on iTunes.
- The side effects of the pills Spencer took (shown in the episode) included: itching (when Shelby arrived at their apartment), sweating (while watching TV), extreme thirst (during the interview), memory loss (when Carly and Freddie came home), and muscle spasms (before and after the fight)
- Deleted Scene: There was a deleted scene where Shelby bodyslams Carly. Also, another deleted scene was when Carly tried to hide behind the referee.
- There is another deleted piece of dialogue in this episode, as evidenced at least in iBloop, where Freddie describes how he made the raisin-bread toast. For unknown reasons, this line was cut from the actual episode.
- This and Season 5, the final season, are the only seasons that end with a 1-Hour Finale.
- This was the Season 2 finale.
- Ironically, years after this episode aired, some influencers (such as Jake Paul) would actually get into professional fighting, just like in this episode.
- The CFC is a parody of the UFC.
- The names of the news anchors are Jack Schneider and Marvin Lillien. (reference to the creator of iCarly, Dan Schneider and his wife Lisa Lillien aka Hungry Girl)
- Sponsor Pink Bull is a take-off of Red Bull
- Sam's cat Frothy only has three legs.
- The Shays' pay-per view password is 1234.
- The amount of popcorn in the bowl Carly is using at the start changes in each shot.
- Despite the fact that Shelby Marx is one of the strongest fighters, she does not have any visible muscle that a real fighter would have.
- If you look closely when Carly was falling on Shelby's grandmother, Shelby was actually the one who pushed her so she could not have blamed Carly.
- When Nevel is making the fake video in his hideout, Carly and Sam's mouths don't move when they say "Push her grandmother down" and "I'll do it!", but when he shows it to Shelby, Carly and Sam's motions are perfectly synched with the voice clips.
- When Nevel is making the fake video in his hideout, we see a straight-on camera shot that includes Freddie's full torso, whereas when he shows the video to Shelby we see an angled camera shot that only includes part of Freddie.
- After Shelby hits Carly, Carly takes out her mouth guard. When the referee admonishes her that she can't call a time-out, she has it in again. Likewise, when she starts talking to Spencer, Sam and Freddie, her mouth guard is out again.
- When Shelby describes Nevel, she says that Nevel is "[about] their age." However, Nevel is actually 2 years younger than the iCarly trio and Shelby.
- The edited video of Carly calling out Shelby on SplashFace does not have the same playback as the webcast, as Carly and Sam's gestures are different and it is filmed at the front of the studio instead of diagonally right.
- When Carly is punched, she has an orange mouthpiece in her mouth. It disappears, then reappears.
- It is said in this episode that Shelby is a CFC champion at age 15. In the UFC, the real organization that the CFC is based on, competitors must be at least 21 years old to compete. They also cannot be older than 34 years old, so therefore, Shelby would be stripped of her title.
- Spencer suffering various side effects from his medication.
- Victoria Justice appears as herself later on in the actual iCarly website videos. In the videos, Freddie often comments that she looks like Shelby Marx, to which she replies "Yeah, I get that a lot."
- She also appears in a future iCarly episode iParty with Victorious, as Tori Vega. Sam mentions Tori looks like Shelby.
- Up to now, this is the last episode where Wendy appears on-screen; she was mentioned, but not seen again in iLove You and iToe Fat Cakes.
- CFC would later appear in Sam and Cat.
- This is the first time we actually see Sam at her house.
- In this episode, Nevel says that he is afraid of Sam, but in iRue the Day, he said Sam doesn't scare him. This is mainly because Sam couldn't harm him as he was on the internet and not directly in front of her.
- This is the first time we hear Freddie say 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 when the audience is counting down the last seconds of the round.
- Nevel would not appear again until season 4 episode iPity The Nevel.
Carly: Has everyone heard about this girl but me?
[everyone is watching the Shelby Marx fight on TV]
Spencer: That's Pay-Per-View!
Freddie: [reading the comments on SplashFace] "That Carly chick is out of her mind. Bring on the fight. Shelby would destroy that twig."
Shelby: Carly, Hi. I'm Shelby Marx. I saw your video about me.
Freddie: [to Shelby] I made you some raisin bread toast.
Wendy: Carly, you're seriously gonna fight Shelby Marx?
Carly: I'm gonna fix this.
Shelby: Let go of my leg!
Shelby: Will someone pry this girl off my leg so I can punch her?!
Sam: You were awesome! You didn't throw one punch or kick, and you looked like a total spaz out there, but you lasted a whole round with a top-notch professional fighter. Way to be, kid!
Carly: Nevel's head is kinda round.
Nevel: I'm not scared of you, Freddie Benson!
[A spotlight reveals Shelby]
See photos of iFight Shelby Marx here.
- iCarly, Burn Notice, The Closer, Royal Pains, WWE RAW and Monk top week's cable shows TVbythenumbers.com (Aug. 11, 2009)