Sam and Freddie start dating. They have Carly settle numerous disagreements between them, eventually annoying her by having her work out every single fight they have. At a dinner date at Pini's, Carly eventually loses it and tells them off, saying that they shouldn't always rely on her to sort out their fights and that they shouldn't date at all if they aren't able to solve their own problems.
Gibby tries to raise a pet dog with Carly, even though she keeps telling him she doesn't want to. He names the dog Sir Licks A Lot.
- This is the second episode that starts with iDate, the first episode being iDate a Bad Boy.
- Despite it being the second part of the arc, it was filmed before the first part/episode, iLost My Mind.
- Some scenes in this episode were in the promo portion of iLost My Mind and in Nickelodeon's Epic Summer 2011 promo.
- The episode has a newer opening sequence, which is slightly different from the first new opening sequence in iLost My Mind.
- The newer opening sequence has a scene from iParty with Victorious with Jennette McCurdy during her credit portion, as well as new technical effects (the iCarly logo now shines as it fades out into the scene of Carly), and a scene from iCarly.com where Sam, Freddie, and Spencer scream in terror because of T-Bo's birthmark. It also has a new clip of Carly waking up, a clip Sam with Gibby throwing a spoonful of food toward the camera, a clip of Sam and Carly dancing, Spencer whacking a pillow, and he also cuts their coffee table in half with a chain saw.
- Sam wears the "Screwfly Don't Bother Me--shades of blue" necklace in this episode.
- The working title for this episode was "iGet Caught in the Middle" before it was finally titled iDate Sam & Freddie.
- This episode could be a possibility for the "Cibby" pairing, as Gibby is happy that he and Carly are going to be able to spend time together, as shown on the second promo.
- iCarly tweeted "So... this just happened. We STILL can't get over that Sam and Freddie are dating! NEW iCARLY in 2 DAYS!" to promote the episode.
- Sam and Freddie are dating in this episode.
- The scene where Carly gurgles her drink and where Spencer makes the lawn, as seen in the promos, was edited out to keep the length of the episode 21–23 minutes long.
- The guy who wouldn't stop bothering Carly at Pini's also plays Woody, the same guy who tried to get Gibby a phone case in IPear Store.
- The two Sam and Freddie kisses were cut short as they appeared longer in the promos because of the young audiences and to keep the length of the episode 21–23 minutes long.
- Sam wears more accessories in this episode than she has before and she has a necklace with a mini-remote, so she can boo people on the street. Freddie also sports a new gray Penny-Tee which has the phrase "Penny Tease" in red letters on it.
- This is the first episode where Sam refers to Freddie as her boyfriend noted by the line "This is not how boyfriends behave!"
- This was the sixth and seventh time Nathan and Jennette have had an on-screen kiss thus far for iCarly: The first were as Sam and Freddie in iKiss; the second as Freddie and Melanie in iTwins; twice for iOMG as Sam and Freddie, where Dan revealed they shot the kiss two different ways; the one after that in ILost My Mind and now twice in iDate Sam & Freddie, not counting practice kisses or do-overs, as Sam and Freddie.
- This is the only episode of the series to have the names of two separate characters in the title.
- This episode holds the record for the shortest length of time between the US premiere and an international premiere, because it aired in Poland on 12 September 2011.
- This episode aired in Poland before iOMG and iLost My Mind.
- In the scene where Gibby goes to the iCarly studio to rehearse, it can be seen that the water bottle he's drinking is labeled "Crystal Waters". Crystal Waters was taken from a Victorious episode, Beck's Big Break.
- The name of the puppy, Sir Licks A Lot, is a play on the name Sir Mix-A-Lot, a Seattle-based rapper who had a hit in 1992 with "Baby Got Back" and is also mentioned in iFight Shelby Marx. Sir Mix-a-Lot's name itself is a reference to Sir Lancelot.
- Carly's snoring machine was seen on a Drake & Josh episode, as used by Henry Doheny.
- Carly uses a CPAP machine to keep herself from snoring.
- This is the first time Freddie mentions he knows about the chip his mother put in his head as a baby to track him wherever he is located.
- Sam also mentions that her mom used to put black coffee in her bottle as a baby because it made her dance funny.
- In the scene in the kitchen when Sam and Freddie are fighting about Freddie getting a "B" on his World history paper, Carly has a glass of juice in front of her on the counter. However right after Sam says "If he's going to give you B's why shouldn't I give him bees?" Carly is suddenly lowering the glass from her mouth - but she never lifted it from the counter.
- In the iCarly Studio scene, Sam's remote necklace can be plainly seen outside her shirt until they cut to Freddie when he mentions brushing her hair. In the next cut, her remote necklace gets mysteriously tucked under her shirt.
- During the scene in the restaurant after Sam takes a bite of the lasagna and starts talking with her mouth full there is a piece of lasagna stuck to her chin. When she turns around to talk to Carly less than a second later the lasagne is gone.
- During Sam and Freddie's date in Pini's restaurant, after Carly sits down with them she empties all the Parmesan out of a fly made of metal and glass then sets it down beside her, right way up - then while she is talking the fly is suddenly on its side, then disappears altogether, then as Carly stands up to walk away it reappears.
To be added
To be added
Spencer: Hi! I made a lawn!
Sam: [walking while frustrated] Unbelievable.
Carly: Alright listen, Sam, Freddie should be able to complain about people to you without worrying that you're gonna put them in a hospital!
Freddie: Okay, I wanna know.
Sam: [in a silly voice] What'chu wanna know?
Sam: I can't believe you're being so cheap!
Sam: [turns to Freddie] This is not how boyfriends behave!
Gibby: Carly? I'm coming in, I got a friend. [holds up a puppy]
Freddie: [barges in] Good Carly's here, lets ask her.
Spencer: AHHWHH! OH MY GOD! [comes into the kitchen from the back door, covered in smoke and ash]
Gibby: I love Pini's!
Carly: [annoyed] I'm just supposed to sit here and wait for you guys to have a fight, so I can settle it?
Sam: [with a mouthful of lasagna] Ohh, what do they put in this lasagna to make it so incredible?!
Freddie: [looks to Carly] Carly, is it wrong to tell a person that it's not polite to talk with their mouth full of lasagna?
Paul: [walks up next to Carly] I'm also a photographer.
Carly: If you guys can't learn to work things out on your own, then you shouldn't be dating at all! [grabs Sam and Freddie's plates after dramatically walking away] I deserve this lasagna. [glares and walks away again]
Carly: Those stars you put on the ceiling look so cool.
The episode received just over 4.1 million views on its premiere date.
See photos of iDate Sam & Freddie here.
See videos of iDate Sam & Freddie here.
- Episode Air Date (Twitter.com) Official iCarly Twitter
- iDate Sam & Freddie Behind-the-scenes (May 8, 2011)
- Epic Summer Promo advertises iLost My Mind, but shows iDate Sam & Freddie scenes
- Newer opening sequence
- Number of views