"Carly is in over her head when she tries to repair her car herself rather than ask for help. Spencer tries to help Maeve reveal her secret to Harper."
— Official Paramount+ Synopsis
Carly, Freddie, Harper and Spencer are playing a card game. Harper is distracted and staring at her phone, nervous about the outcome of her application for a styling job with emerging pop star Dutch.
Later, while Carly is filming for iCarly dressed as Taco Tina, her car named Vin Diesel, breaks down and needs to be towed away. Wes, the mechanic, advises Carly to buy a new car as the repairs will cost more than her car's worth. Unsatisfied with Wes' recommendation, Carly decides to take things into her own hands by taking an auto repair class.
Carly, Freddie and Millicent attend an auto repair class at Tucci's Tune-Ups. There, they meet Regina, an enthusiastic student who has attended auto repair classes many times. To Carly's surprise, the teacher of the auto repair class is Wes. Carly accuses Wes of giving people false hope and swindling, but Wes is insistent that he only aims to empower people. He invites Carly to try checking the oil of a car, but Carly refuses Wes' help and ends up covering herself in oil.
Carly attempts to fix her own car by following a tutorial online, but ends up damaging her car even more. She calls Wes begging him to help save her car, however his efforts are futile. Carly is distressed and explains that the car means a lot to her because she has a lot of memories with Sam in the car, and driving the car helps her feel connected to Sam.
Spencer preserves Carly's car by repainting it and keeping it in the iCarly Studio, so that Carly can make more memories with her car.
Later, Wes asks Carly out on a date.
At dinner, Maeve reveals to Spencer that she faked her own kidnapping. She pretended to be kidnapped to get away from paparazzi, bill collectors and the media after her family lost all their money.
Maeve and Spencer work together to figure out how to reveal this information to Harper. To put Harper in the right mood, Maeve buys a limited edition Normani Off Balance sneakers that Harper was been coveting and Spencer buys a $2,000 bottle of champagne. They also put up flowers around the apartment. However, after hearing how excited Harper is about getting the styling job with Dutch, Maeve changes her mind and doesn't tell Harper the truth about her disappearance.
Later, Maeve and Spencer discuss their new plan, which is to never tell Harper the truth. However, unbeknownst to them, Dutch is in the apartment and overhears their conversation.
During Harper and Dutch's strategy meeting, Spencer interrupts them in an attempt to prevent Dutch from revealing the truth to Harper. However, a misunderstanding results in Maeve revealing the truth to Harper herself.
Harper is angry and vents her frustration to Carly, revealing the extreme lengths she went to find Maeve, such as taking out ads in the newspaper, making #SaveMaeve go viral, and recording a charity single about missing cousins.
At the end, Harper forgives Maeve, and they sing Harper's charity single "Save Maeve" together.
- This episode is directed by Nathan Kress, who plays Freddie Benson.
- Carly starts dating Wesley who appears in the other 2 episodes of this season.
- Sam is mentioned since iGot Your Back.
- Carly mentioned that she and Sam put money together to buy Carly's car and that Sam named it Vin Diesel.
- During the live tweeting session, writer Jordan Mitchell tweeted a number of behind the scenes trivia points.
- The slow motion scene was the last thing that was filmed for the show.
- The writers all felt that a bug (car) fit Carly’s personality.
- Miranda did a variety of very funny "car noises" before the crew settled on "nyah nyeah neheaa!!!"
- The first version of the car oil splash on Miranda was a bit to slow and "goopy", so the effects team went with a quicker version.
- The picture of cousin Roxy is a picture of iCarly writer Franchesca Ramsey.
- Miranda Cosgrove thought the fake motor oil was chocolate and tasted it, only to realize that it was paint.
- Jaidyn Triplett broke the steering wheel on set.
- This episode was originally supposed to be centered around sasquatch, but the plot was changed after a few rewrites.
- Spencer and Maeve are officially dating.
- Carly and Sam bought a red car together when Carly was in college. Sam named the car Vin Diesel and they went everywhere in that car, including road trips to Snoqualmie Falls, an exotic jerky emporium over the border in Idaho, and out to the forest to search for bigfoot.
- There is a secret gum wad in this car that Sam used this once to keep their seat belts together and Carly once used it to keep her toes apart after a pedicure.
- Carly getting covered in oil.
- Millicent honking the horn whenever Carly and Freddie start cussing.
- Maeve appears for the second time. She first appeared in the previous episode, iTake a Girls' Trip.
- "Snoqualmie" is mentioned for the third time. The first two being in episodes i'M Cursed and iTake a Girls' Trip.
- This is the second time Spencer creates a "Seat of Sitting". In iAm Your Biggest Fan, Spencer makes a red "Seat of Sitting".
Related Cast Posts
See photos of iCan Fix it Myself here.