"Carly hires a manager to take her channel to the next level, but when the new guy butts heads with Freddie, Carly must figure out a way to make her team work. Spencer tries to please a tough food critic."
— Official Paramount+ Synopsis
Carly hires a manager to take her channel to the next level, but when the new guy butts heads with Freddie, Carly must figure out a way to make her team work.
Spencer enlists Harper to design his new restaurant uniforms while he tries to please a tough food critic.
- Josh Peck as Paul
- Mary Scheer as Marissa Benson
- Mia Serafino as Pearl Wallace
- Edgar Blackmon as Shad
- Nancy B. Berggren as Tiny Psychic
- Noah James as Mark
- Briana Barran as Astrid
- Danielle Larracuente as Elaine
- John Dale as Jack
- This episode introduces Carly's manager Paul from Italy, portrayed by Josh Peck, who starred alongside Miranda Cosgrove and Jerry Trainor in Drake & Josh.
- Carly and Freddie interact properly for the first time since iObject, Lewbert!, episode 2.
- The plot on logline suggests that Carly hires Paul in this episode, but an interview with Josh Peck shows a clip from the episode where Carly has known Paul since she was in Italy years before.
- Nathan Kress described the episode as a big one.
- This is the first episode known to take place in 2022.
- Nathan Kress described directing this episode fun but scary, due to the moving objects and telling Josh Peck what to do as he was a fan of Peck's work in the past.
- If you count the episode iBloop, where Drake Bell made a cameo, this episode officially marks all 3 principal Drake & Josh actors (Bell, Peck and Cosgrove) having appeared on iCarly.
- Information from live tweet:
- The scene where Harper shoves Carly into the sack took 10 takes.
- Miranda wasn't sure of doing the snort at first but Nathan convinced her to do it and it made it into the episode.
- Nathan described filming the episode as fun, exhausting and challenging.
- Nathan found the chicken costume "disgustingly hot and itchy."
- Fun fact: the pear phone did actually have 11 cameras.
- Crew members had to push the walls of the escape room and the cast just kept laughing during takes as the walls got stuck.
- Jerry had to prepare for the fire scene in advance as he actually did catch himself on fire.
- Josh Peck pitched the scene between Paul and Freddie.
- Miranda was winded from doing so many takes on the bike.
- Nathan loved making Miranda have another one of Carly's panic attacks as it is one of his favourite running gags of the show.
- There was another moment during the final scene where Carly and Freddie try to make it up the stairs whilst high but it was cut from the episode.
- Harper is 29 years old.
- Paul repeatedly saying "it begins", much to Freddie's annoyance.
- Fourth appearance of Pearl Wallace, who only has a minor role.
- First appearance of Paul who appears in i'M a USA Bae.
- Second appearance of Shay What?!
- Second episode in the revival directed by Nathan Kress, after iCan Fix it Myself from season 1.
- Carly's fear of small spaces is mentioned since the original series.
- Mandy Valdez is mentioned for the first time in the revival series.
- Fourth appearance of Marissa Benson.
Carly [to Freddie] I could never do this show without you.
Related Cast Posts
See photos of iBuild a Team here.