"Its Like Im Eating A Fat Angel!"
Fat Cakes are popular baked goods. They are made with marshmallow and contain pink coconut shavings on top and a chocolate cake with cream filling in the middle.
They are a parody of Sno Balls, as well as a parody of Tastykake.
Fat Cakes are introduced in the episode iGo To Japan when Sam fills her suitcase with the low-fat version.
Guessing the number of Fat Cakes in a large tank was the contest in iMust Have Locker 239. Freddie calculated the correct number with a mathematical formula after measuring the tank and single Fat Cakes while Sam guessed it within seconds because as she says herself, "Mama knows her Fat Cakes."
Nora's father wrote the jingle for the fat cake company which is "I don't need nothing... but a fat cake!".
In iToe Fat Cakes, Sam is awarded a Golden Ticket by the rest of the iCarly gang for being good for 10 days, so her, Freddie, Spencer, and Gibby go to Canada for a trip to Fat Cake World Headquarters. Because Sam tries to smuggle Fat Cakes across the border on the way back to America, they are detained, unable to get back to the United States.
- Fat Cakes.
- Low-Fat Fat Cakes.
- Fat Free Fat Cakes.
- Fat Shakes.
- Canadian Fat Cakes (illegal in the US).
- In iToe Fat Cakes, Canadian Fat Cakes are said to taste better because they are made with "Cane Fat", unlike American Fat Cakes, which are made with "Corn Fat". This is a reference to soda companies, especially Coca-Cola®, switching their sweetener from cane sugar to High Fructose Corn Syrup in the 1980s. Corn Syrup is associated with lesser quality taste and, although not proven, adverse health affects, which inadvertently created a cult following of Mexican Coke. Unlike Canadian Fat Cakes, Mexican Coke isn't illegal and doesn't have to be smuggled into America, as it's often shipped to supermarkets throughout the US.
- The factory is probably in British Columbia, because of Washington bordering that province.
- Jennette McCurdy, while being interviewed on Clevver TV, said she had to eat many "Fat Cakes", which are actually just repackaged Sno Balls®. She stated they were actually quite dry.
- During a guest appearance on The Rosie Show Jennette McCurdy explained that "A Fat Cake tastes like coconut and chocolate and a lot of cream. They're good and I say that lightly. They're not fantastic. The chocolate cake is a little dry sometimes. And they come, like, prepackaged. So it's not like they're freshly made or anything. So it's probably been sitting in the package for a couple years." (McCurdy appears to actually be describing a Sno Ball.)
- In iMeet Fred, someone throws a Low-Fat Fat Cake at Freddie's head. Annoyed, Freddie yells that he is going to keep it. In another scene, Sam is seen on Spencer's couch eating a Fat Cake.
- In iSpeed Date, she also announces that she is going to "go throw Fat Cakes at joggers." (They're Low-Fat Fat Cakes!)
- In iPsycho, Nora stated that her father created the famous jingle for Fat Cakes.
- In iSell Penny-Tees, when Sam walks in with the boxes of Penny T's, Freddie jokingly asks if she knocked out the Fat Cake truck driver.
- In iStart a Fanwar, Pam gives Sam a Fat Cake for lunch. Later, Sam buys a Fat Cake flavored milkshake called a "Fat Shake."
- In iParty with Victorious, Sam says she'll bet a truckload of Fat Cakes that Steven's cheating on Carly.
- In IMust Have Locker 239 a contest was started at their school to win a huge locker, locker 239.